Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bank account travel insurance age 71+

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can people advise me which banks accounts they use which provide winter sports travel insurance as part of the package that covers age 71 and over?

Many thanks (know this has been asked before BUT terms are always being changed hence the new thread).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used to work for Barclays..

Their travel & travel plus packs cover up to the age of 80 and include winter sports for up to 31 days a year. The cover is through Aviva & depends on pre-existing medical conditions being declared as usual.

Off-piste is covered with the proviso of "Must be accompanied by a qualified guide at all times and only in areas that the resort management consider to be safe."

The travel pack is £10.50 a month and comes with RAC cover too, the other one is more and has other extras.

From my personal experience, I had a lot of positive feedback from customers who had claimed, BUT that's not to say it's always like that obviously!

I claimed this year for a days lift pass cover when La Plagne was closed for a full day re weather. Was a 2min phone call and had money in the account the next day - no proof required as it wasn't a massive amount in the grand scheme of things.

Hope that helps a bit!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@N0rthernMonkey, thanks very much.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Citibank's limit is age 80. You do need the right type of account.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think Nationwide is 75.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our travel insurance with Nationwide Flexplus account covers up to age 75....other benefits that are useful to travellers includes commission free cash withdrawals and annual European breakdown cover.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks both
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My Lloyds Platinum goes to 80. The Silver only to 60, so don't confuse the two on the website- as I did the other day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My Aunts Nationwide account allows an age extension on the policy (you have to phone up and pay an additional premium) and, although I didn`t check the winter sports bit, covers my Aunt who`s now 93, for a lot less than I could get elsewhere.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charliegolf wrote:
My Lloyds Platinum goes to 80. The Silver only to 60, so don't confuse the two on the website- as I did the other day.

I didn’t think they were still available for new applicants.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah, maybe so. Didn't think about that possibility when I posted.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charliegolf wrote:
Ah, maybe so. Didn't think about that possibility when I posted.

I found it in the end. At one point I don’t think it was as I look for myself before renewing our annual travel insurance and the Lloyd’s one wasn’t available at that point. It is back now
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nationwide cover in their Flexplus account (£13/m) is at no extra cost for a 71 year old after 75 they charge an extra £50/a. RBS use the same insurance company, charge more for the cover (£3/month) and charge you the £50/a at age 70...Nationwide provide European cover in the breakdown section unlike RBS and unlimited call out...I moved to Nationwide last year...If you find an account holder to recommend you, you both get £100 transfer fee for switching..It will save me £150 a year....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy