Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale, Aprica, Pejo - lift opening times & other advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've impulsively just booked a week's skiing in Ponte di Legno (linked to Passo Tonale) for later this month Very Happy Not Saturday to Saturday, DIY and attractively cheap, including £20 flights each way at good times! Anyone been and have any tips? We'll have a car and plan to ski Aprica and Pejo for a couple of days too (but not Madonna di Campiglio - the lift pass extension is quite a big step up from the other ones).

Over the last few years we've skied in France and have got used to a fairly standardised lift opening time of 9am. However I've heard somewhere that lifts tend to open a little earlier in Italy. Is this true? Pejo's website suggests lifts open at 8.30am but I can't see any info for the other two areas. Anyone have an inkling?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@denfinella, a vague memory tells me that 08:30 was the lift start time in Passo Tonale at Xmas a few years ago.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
8.30 or 8.45 rings a bell, usually last lift around 4.30-4.45
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pejo is great. Big vertical, amazing views, top skiing, deserted, unbelievable value for money

And the snow conditions are way better at the moment than what we had

http://youtube.com/v/lew8Ri1hArs

Enjoy 👍
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pejo is indeed great, quiet pistes , good lift system and hi altitude pistes. In total there are 30km of pistes there , which is low if you are a high mileage skier

Easy access road, off the ss42

I have not skied Aprica , but am curious to hear more
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. We'll aim for 8.30am and see what happens. Skiresort.info actually suggests Aprica's lifts open at 8.10(!) but not sure we can quite face that, given the 50 min drive to get there.

@Mike Pow, does look a bit thin / slushy in your video but on the plus side the slopes look almost deserted! It's now low season lift pass prices in all three ski areas, so even cheaper Very Happy

@dublin2, weather permitting we'll probably just do Pejo on departure day, which means we'll only be there for half a day. It's not included in the lift pass we're planning to get, so we'll have to do on either the first or last day. I haven't heard many people raving about Aprica, but we'll see what it's like.

I'm planning to start a Live TR (probably not til next week) so you can follow the "action" there if you're interested!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pejo two mountain restaurants, one is centrally located, near where the lift to 3000 m ascends, wasn't great. There is another better apparently, near to Sardonne piste.

We ate at the low point of resort, ie at bottom of lowest piste, a blue. Excellent wood fired pizza, delicious.
As you come to the end of blue, it's on your right side.

Access road is fine, a few hairpins, if there is snow falling, these hairpins would be tricky without chains.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I spent a week in Passo Tonale over half term, lifts were busy but not insanely so. The blacks and reds around Ponte di Legno were good, the glacier is well worth a visit the blues around Passo Tonale were the busiest slopes. I'd certainly return. The lifts opened at 8:30 in Passo Tonale.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dublin2, sadly don't think we'll be eating at Pejo as we'll be leaving at lunchtime. Good to know about the road. We'll have winter tyres and chains on the hire car but hoping not to use them as we haven't used any before (!).

@pieman666, good to hear - so should be even quieter for us. Thanks for the other info.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy