Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

frankly....holy cr+p

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/EMVPpPE_Bx4
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Puts in way too many turns at the top.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I... er... no thank you
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2 minutes 35 seconds of trying not to fall off a cliff, followed by 20 seconds of falling off said cliff rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PowderAdict, nope...that was riding down a cliff...

This is falling off a cliff

http://youtube.com/v/QliBL-AQiAY
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not so much skiing as it is going out on a precipice amd hoping for the best. He's got reasonably large dangly bits and a bit of crazy and pretty decent skill though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh putain!
Jamie Pierre any day, well until he died.

http://youtube.com/v/-RYkapHBVs8
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure if this link will work but this is amazing skiing with no falls.

http://youtube.com/v/xlXk49Mh7go

If the link doesn’t work just search for “awesome ski lin”in YouTube.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PowderAdict wrote:
2 minutes 35 seconds of trying not to fall off a cliff, followed by 20 seconds of falling off said cliff rolling eyes

Yep, utter rubbish.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

http://youtube.com/v/-Z5a4UQmZLs

http://youtube.com/v/HTXvfdLl_N0

http://youtube.com/v/OW_UMomgs6U
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@valais2, that first one isn't skiing; it's falling with style wink

He and I have the same ski outfit, beyond that there is no similarity whatsoever Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nuts
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At least Jamie Pierre realised that a helmet was going to make stuff all difference when doing something quite so stupid!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jamie Pierre did it for Jesus. On that occasion Jesus seems to have indicated to him that it is not a good idea to jump off 100m cliffs, but gave him a chance to learn...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Steilhang, he did the same for Fred Syversen, who skied off the wrong cliff by accident and dropped over 300ft.
snow conditions
FCK. THAT.
ski holidays
I switched it off after 30 seconds as I couldn't put up with the comedy, 1980-style Roobarb & Custard wobbly filming. What's that about?!

Load of 5h1te IMHO.
latest report
I literally have no idea why you would put yourself through something like this. Presumably it is a search for a big adrenaline rush? Eventually though it will become “tame”. Then what? Asking lions to sit whilst you clean their teeth?
snow report
Bergmeister wrote:
I switched it off after 30 seconds as I couldn't put up with the comedy, 1980-style Roobarb & Custard wobbly filming. What's that about?!

Load of 5h1te IMHO.

It on a gopro arm mounted to his backpack, how else is it going to look? Puzzled
ski holidays
GoPro would not pay me enough to do that.
ski holidays
@springbok45, exactly. I quite like the viewpoint actually - and a very robust camera pole to come out intact and in the right position at the bottom of the rock.
snow report
@Mosha Marc, ...similar falling with style here, at 2:07

http://youtube.com/v/EQ4uytCYdDk

Including the Late, Great JP Auclair......

(BTW I generally hate heavy metal or similar sound tracks ... but The Tempest by Pendulum is something rather special. My youngster puts this on every so often to liven up the household - volume to 11).
snow report
Brownpack wrote:
Not sure if this link will work but this is amazing skiing with no falls.

http://youtube.com/v/xlXk49Mh7go

If the link doesn’t work just search for “awesome ski lin”in YouTube.

Now THAT is skill !!
snow conditions
I always think the first rule for all these lines should be that forward motion should exceed lateral motion by a factor of about 10. I really can't be bothered with videos of guys who spend all day climbing to the top of a peak only to sideslip or do slow jump turns / kick turns most of the way down.
snow conditions
@foxtrotzulu, I kind of feel same - many of the lines are more like people downclimbing with skis on. Incredibly skilful no doubt, but not really skiing. A less extreme line skiied with linked turns, even if they are very slow, also seems more impressive & relevant to me.
snow report
Saw somebody snap their leg trying to copy these kinds of extreme vids a few weeks ago.

He'd set his bindings too tight and they never released on the fall.
snow conditions
@Whitegold, @Whitegold, ...not good. Definitely not good. But for me this would not be a criticism of people who ski at the edge and let us see the results. It for sure is something to do with temperament and approach - I have an article coming up on ‘children should be fearlful but not scared when skiing - and certainly not fearless...’. Maybe it’s a crossover from climbing, where the people who survive are those who have a turnaround time and stick to it. Sure the eye is on the prize, but if you wreck yourself or die in the attempt, you’ve lost a sense of perspective and responsibility. The summit will be there next time, there’s always another day.

I try to push the envelope, but have no problem in stopping, or turning round, or saying ‘that is a VERY bad idea’. And this includes, when climbing with kids, NOT making a quick dash across a short snow field with a ‘you’ll die’ runout onto rocks, when we haven’t got crampons with us, but having to find a 1hr detour above it. The people who are still with us are (mostly) people who push the envelope slowly, examine risk, and whether a ‘go’ or ‘no go’ decision is the one to make. And can walk away without any problems But the fault of someone who fails to estimate their own ability, gets the kit and the context wrong, or think more of the glory than the personal achievement, lies not with people like Chad Sayers, or JP Auclair, but with their own temperament. That sounds harsh, and of course JP is not with us any more (that avalanche came from way above them, and the they didn’t trigger it) but I think that the Big Hills are unforgiving places. I’ve pushed it pretty far sometimes, and had to do some deep reflection afterwards.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy