Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowinn ....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been trying to buy new boots from Snowinn - they vary in price depending on size from approximately £340-£450. The size I want are £450. Having searched online, I found the same boots in my size elsewhere for approximately £370, so I thought it would be simple to buy from Snowinn as they have a price guarantee. Oh how wrong I could be..

Initially they sent a discount code, giving approximately £22 off, still more expensive than the other shop, and since then they have been making excuses such as that they have to "respect the given retail prices by the brand" - how does that work when Snowinn themselves are selling the same boots in other sizes for even less than I am hoping to pay?

Communication with them is difficult and they seem incapable of reading my emails - replying with what can only be a pre-written script.

I know that I should really just go elsewhere, but they have a price guarantee and are not honouring it.

has anyone else managed to get Snowinn to honour their price promise?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If they were a UK company then trading standards would have been all over them years ago.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why not just buy them from the other place? Snow Inn and their namesakes Bike Inn, Dive Inn etc have been excellent for me over the years. But I bought at the price advertised cos they were the only people who had things I wanted!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have bought a fair bit off Snowinn, including boots for the nipper (id never buy boots for myself online). Never had any issues at all, great prices and respond to emails well. Have a great range of products too - as do trekinn.

Have not tried their price promise, but otherwise have found them spot on.

Only slight criticism is delivery can be a little slow, but there is an online account that keeps you updated, and its no worse than the likes of sportspursuit.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Communication with their customer service department was extremely poor for me. I was waiting 2 months for a refund to be processed and had to make 12 phone calls and send at least 10 emails (plus messages via my online account that never seemed to get picked up). They’ve still got a pair of my bindings that I’ve paid for that I’m chasing the returns department for but I’m not holding my breath on that getting sorted any time soon. IMO not a very good company at all
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had similar issue re:bindings, ordered them saying they were in stock but they pushed the delivery dates out time and time again until it was getting to the point they wouldn't arrive before my hols.
I asked for a refund and did eventually get it. I think they take orders on the hope they can then go source the equipment at a discount somewhere, hence the constant delays.
I wouldn't use them again unless I was ordering a couple of months before I needed them and hence have the time to see if they could deliver before going elsewhere.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy