Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

courchevel 1850 - lunchtime eating

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
going with a party of 7 that includes one week skier and 2 youngish children 5 and 7 having their second week in ski school after last year. 4 of us can get to anywhere in 3 V. The 2 boys in ski school are going to be limited in getting out of main courchevel ski area at least at the start of the week. Suggestions for lunch pizzerias etc that won't entail a 2nd mortgage. from memory, it would be difficult to get the boys down to 1650 from La Saluire is there another easy route (other than the bus) so the boys and their mum can see another part of courchevel and which is cheaper for lunch?

Thanks for any help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dan100, if my memory serves me correct there is a blue run that drops from Altiport down to the "Fruit Bowl" and from there you can pickup either of 2 chairs which take you into the 1650 area. Coming back get the bubble and the little drag "Petit Bois"(?) at the bottom of the Signal chair and you can drop down into the "Fruit Bowl" again, however there is a short steep section where the track joins the "Roc Mugner" red run right at the bottom, only about 100yds so should be OK, take the slow (but new) 4 man chair back to the Altiport area.

Back to lunch issue in the centre 0f 1850 there's a pizzeria just under the bridge on the left as you go to the Plantrey chair, can't just remember the name but that always seems to be reasonable. Just remembered "Calico" I think.

Hope this helps.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drop down in to 1550. If the lads can't manage the blue down then jump on the old gondola. There's a sarni shop on the main street with a great choice & you can eat them in the cafe bar at the end of the street (towards 1300) as long as you buy your drinks there.

Don't forget to go sledging one evening also. There's a special track down through the trees from 1850 to 1550 & then you get the gondola back up. It's about 7 euros to hire a sledge for unlimited runs. The lads will love it but make sure they have their helmets on.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The run down from La Croisette to 1550 should be OK for 2nd weekers (if they can get from La Saulire to 1850, they'll be fine), or you can take the bubble down. There's a creperie more or less next door to the bubble station in 1650. There's also a sledge run from 1850 to 1550.

In 1850, if you stand on the snow looking at La Croisette, leave at the left hand side onto the road (over thebridge across the piste going to 1550), across the road and slightly to the right there's a very decent restaurant - access is up a short flight of steps. They do pizzas, pasta and proper meals, good quality grub, terrace if you want it, friendly, efficient service. It's reasonably priced.

Edited to correct 1650 to 1550. What a pillock.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 21-02-06 21:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I remember a nice little pastry place in 1850 that also did light lunches cheaply.... bit difficult to describe how to get there ( it's near a ski hire shop, as if that helps ! ). Also in the 1850 area, at the top of the 'Verdons' gondola, at the station where you get the Cable car to Saulire, as well as the big restaurant there is also a 'hole in the wall' snack place - for cheap hot dogs and the like... fine if you want a cheapy snack !
ski holidays
 brian
brian
richmond, I think your 1650s in the above post should be 1550s Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
dan100, if they can handle a stiffish blue take the Coqs chair out of 1850 and ski down cretes, boulevard du something or other and folyeres to La Tania and have lunch at the legendary Pub Le Ski Lodge. Not especially French right enough, but good burgers.

If you're after good food/good value but in not particularly ambient surroundings, try l'arc en ciel, up the steps at the bottom of the saulire telepherique.

Edit: Meribel unplugged agrees with me snowHead

http://www.meribel-unplugged.co.uk/restaurants/lunch/courchevel/l_arc_en_ciel.htm
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very nice pizzeria in 1650, just down from the snow front, called Le Petite Savoyarde. Walk down the road from the bottom of the nursery slope and the restaurant is on your right.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, how right you are. I'll edit it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Very nice pizzeria in 1650, just down from the snow front, called Le Petite Savoyarde.

Yes I'll second that. Had a total powercut in Courchevel some years ago (everything shut and no power in the villages either) We ended up in the Le P.Savoyarde: well it was either that or try snowboarding!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Very nice pizzeria in 1650, just down from the snow front, called Le Petite Savoyarde.

Is it open at lunchtimes?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon wrote:
Is it open at lunchtimes?

Yes, but it does get busy in peak season (it's not a big place, hence the name I suppose) so best to eat early or late. I think they might have a couple of menu items other than pizza, but I've not tried these. I've eaten there several times and always had a good meal.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They should be able to get to anywhere in CVL one way or another - could certainly ski to 1650 via Altiport and the Prameurel chair. Cheap eats as folllows:

The Jump (1850) - burgers, pasta, salads, good chilli 'n' chips. Directly opposite the Chenus bubble.
L'Equipe (1850) - pizza, burgers, soup, snacks, salads etc. In the main street opposite Skiworld's Catina.
L'Ours Blanc (1650) - pizza, steak, pastas, salads, Savoyarde, snacks, kids menu. Terrace on the front de neige, very convenient! (Ate there this afternoon - carbonara (me), steak 'n' chips (Mr L), very good.)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy