Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Motorhome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All...we are new too your site and was hoping for some advice....we have been too obergurgl for the last 2 years stopping in our motorhome at camping solden, we have now fallen in love with Austria too the point of planning a 2 week trip discovering new resorts. Can anyone recommend any resorts that have campsites near by that allow motorhomes? Any help would be very much appreciated...Glyn.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Glyn,
We've stayed on campsites at Mayrhofen and Soell ( and the Soelden one too).
Also, stayed at Camping Arlberg which is St Anton.
All are on the free skibus route and less than 10 mins to lifts.
We've considered Fieberbrun but thought the site was very expensive, although it is very close to the lifts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Camping Solden was our first ski/snowboard trip about 8 years ago. We go for too long now to be able to afford campsites of that quality all the time and instead spend a lot of time in ski lift carparks which isn't very well tolerated in Austria.

The only places convenient for lifts and which I can suggest from first hand experience are some smaller resorts between the German border and the Fernpass. There is a little campsite at Biberwier which also has a stellplatz (motorhome aire) outside, 100m to lifts. We spent a few nights below the lift at nearby Ehrwald and if you think Camping Solden is nice then you could always break open the kitty and go up the road to the Zugspitz Resort.

On our second trip to Austria we also stayed at the campsite near Kitzbuhl but it is a bus trip to town, same at Zell am See.

We've just returned from 50 nights in Switzerland where our total campsite(2)/parking/overnighting costs were under £200.

(I see you posted in other sections so I've deleted my reply in one of those and copied it here, with Scampers reply, to keep it all together - best to ask a question in only one place really)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks so much for your reply, apologies we are new to this!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fieberbrunn has a camp site pretty well adjacent to the lifts: Fieberbrunn Tirol Camp. As well as the Fieberbrunn pistes this could give you access to Saalbach, Hinterglemm & Leogang (though note that the Snow Card Tirol pass does not cover the area in Salzburger Land, i.e. Saalbach, etc.).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy