Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EpicPass 2018/2019 decision

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So EpicPass has added Telluride, Kicking Horse, Fernie, and Hakuba valley for next year.

I usually ski about 15 days/year at Whistler (live in N. Vancouver). Never really tried any other major resorts. Was initially planning 10 day edgecard (with free skiing before Dec 15) plus maybe adding Snowbird/Alta for 3 day weekend to see what this dry powder is all about.

Maybe I'd be better off with epicpass and go to Park City instead, plus potential to check out kicking horse/Colorado if snow is better there?

Ideally we like to ski single black off piste stuff (bowls off harmony, blackcomb glacier, whistler bowl easy entrance, most of the single black tree runs) , but are a bit on the cautious side when it comes to tougher stuff (ie lakeside bowl traverse was no fun, instructor took me down couloir extreme won't be repeating that anytime soon)... will alta/snowbird have suitable terrain for us? Not sure how single black at Whistler translates to other places. Kicking Horse looks really tough.

thx for feedback
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You’ll love Alta/Snowbird. There’s miles of great advanced intermediate and advanced terrain. I’m sure you’ll find it more interesting than Park City and it gets a lot more snow too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alta/Snowbird are amazing and well worth the trip. The one caveat is that if you don’t stay on site, the road through Little Cottonwood Canyon often closes due to avalanche mitigation and can remain closed for hours. And even if you make it up there, sometimes there is no parking left. I suggest staying on site to ensure a happy trip, but keep in mind there are few amenities since there’s no ski village or any nightlife as in whistler or park city.

You can get a 3 day Ski City Pass, which gives you the option of either Alta, Snowbird, Brighton or Solitude each day. Or look for deals with lodging.

https://www.visitsaltlake.com/skicity/super-pass/

I have the Epic pass because I ski enough days at Park City. Park City has enough terrain for you - at 7300 acres, it is second in size to Whistler in North America. There are plenty of single and double blacks. However, I think Alta/Snowbird would be a better ski experience for you. Especially if you are planning to come earlier in the season. This year, the snow was subpar through December and even most of January. Snowbird is known to have more sustained steep terrain than Alta and both mountains underrate their trails compared to most other places.

The Epic pass is a great deal and even if you don’t use it for Park City, you would still save a bit over edge if you skied 3 days at telluride. Three days at telluride is about $375. The difference between 10 day edge and Epic is about $275. Epic also gives you access to 6 buddy tickets at 25-30% off online rates.

In any case, it sounds like you have some good trips ahead of you!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're a Whistler local the addition of RCR makes Epic a no brainer. The weakness in Epic is really Utah where Park City is a poor alternative to the resorts available on Ikon.

Ikon is superior IMV for the ultimate roadtrip. You could easily burn a winter meandering from Winter Park thru Co and Utah, JH, Big Sky , Banff & Revy and down to Squalpine and Mammoth.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys. Probably overthinking this. I should just get the EpicPass and squeeze in some more days at Whistler to make it worthwhile. If I go to Alta/Snowbird I'll just get that 3 day pass or hotel bundle.

Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
If you're a Whistler local the addition of RCR makes Epic a no brainer.

That was my initial thought, turns out door to door travel time makes SLC ski resorts closer to me than Kicking Horse/Fernie.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You will not have to drive the Coquihalla and the Okanagan connector. we did that last week !! following the snow plough and a logging truck.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy