Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off Piste Instruction - Lech

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I suppose this ought to be in the bend zee knees section, but does anyone out there know a good instructor for off-piste tuition (to a relatively off-piste novice) in Lech? I've found the Lech ski school website, but thought I'd see if there were any personal recommendations through Snowheads before approaching them.

We are off to Lech in a couple of weeks and I've heard that off-piste skiing there is good (whether that is Lech itself or Zurs/St Anton area, I don't know, having not been there before).

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beverley, you'll find the pistes in Lech are beautifully manicured, only ever been there when we felt like a rest from St Anton. I'd say the best off-piste is to be found in St Anton, but like all very popular resorts, it can get skiied out quickly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Piste to powder is based in St Anton and the guy who runs it, Graham Austick, appears to be nigh-on legendary in the area. His name popped up a nyumber of times during the week but originally he came recommended to me by a snowHead who skis with him regularly.
Although I met him (and he does seem a really nice guy) I didn't get the opportunity to ski with him myself. However, seeing the enthusiasm of the members of that day's group around him, I have no reason to doubt his reputation.

They do 4 categories of guided off-piste group based on ability but you'd be best advised to book ahead.
http://www.pistetopowder.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Admin that is excellent, thank you. Our ski pass gives us one day in St Anton, so I will look at the website. Thanks again!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beverley
We've had really good instruction from Gerhard Sauter - with Lech ski school. He's really keen to get skiers off piste. Make sure you're fit - he'll work you VERY hard.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We had brilliant off piste in Lech and Zurs even though it hadn't snowed for over a week. St Anton was tracked out and busy and we couldn't belive how empty L & Z was in comparison. Lots of fur coats and Gucci goggles though Razz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The ski routes at St Anton like other major international ski resorts get tracked out real quick. One of the main reasons for taking a guide is because he/she can find you untracked a long time after the last snowfall. St Anton is not limited to a few runs and a bit of powder by the side of the piste, there's a lot of terrain that can be explored if you are with some who knows where they are going.

Someone told me Lech / Zurs has very dangerous skiing. He went onto to say many wild animals roamed the pistes and town esp. at night. Shocked

...... of course most of 'em are in the shape of hats, gloves, coats etc he said.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Duvet, I know, my impression of Lech was that many of it's visitors have "enough money that they don't need to ski" with many expensive bijouteries and classy restaurants, offering drawn-out multicourse lunches, helping to divert people from the piste Laughing

The result is zero queuing for the luxurious 6/8 man heated chairlifts! Of course, I was there in Jan so perhaps it's packed during 'the more fashoinable weeks darling' but somehow I doubt it.

But Zurs, in particular, is so overlooked.
We had so much space there at times, that someone else sking 'our' piste seemed like an encroachment on our privacy Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lech and Zurs are fantastic places to ski. The lift served off-piste is outstanding, I bet with a guide it's even better.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy