Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel to Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Heading out to Chatel this weekend and considering a day trip to Verbier. Drive time to Le Chable looks like about an hour on google maps, just wondering if this is realistic and if it’s worthwhile for a single day. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a really easy drive - we did in in November as Verbier opened 2 weeks before PdS.
Takes around 1 hr, but parking in La Chable gets busy.
You can use one of your free passes if you have a season PdS Pass.
Though if the Snow is good in Chatel then the PdS has plenty to go at, so I would not bother.
Worthwhile if :
a) Snow in PdS starts to get a bit shonky, you can go much higher in Verbier
b) You want to go to James Blunt's restaurant
c) Fancy a change.

FYI, Sunday just gone was the best day of the season so far ( I was boarding in PLJ-Chatel) , so unless it rains all week and is warm, then Chatel will be just dandy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks! I didn’t know about the James Blunt restaurant so that will be an added bonus on top of trying to dodge the rain and exploring somewhere new...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/galleries/the-best-mountain-restaurants-in-switzerland/la-vache-verbier-/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are far, far better restaurants in Verbier than James Blunt's.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g198848-d3686040-Reviews-La_Vache-Verbier_Canton_of_Valais_Swiss_Alps.html

Far better singers too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Aidan76, as@WindOfChange, says it is an easy drive. I would say just over an hour but only slightly. Unless you have a good reason to there is no need to drive up to Verbier, access from Le Chable is great - straight up two phases on the gondola.

Definitely go for an early start to get a decent parking spot. It's a great day out and a different feel to PDS. If you want to go up Mont Fort you need the full area pass.

I forget where we had lunch but it hurt the wallet!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 7-03-18 15:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the advice. Sounds like a 4Vs pass will be the way to go, especially as I’m trying to get up high to avoid the wet weather.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If it's wet I wouldn't bother. It'll be less wet up high but visibility will be zero.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The forecasts are not always that good.
It said it was going to snow here today (16 Km from Chatel).
There were a few flakes but mainly sunny with a few clouds.
Here's how the weather currently looks out the window:
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If the weather is good - at the weekend you can sometimes get a monster queue in the morning to buy lift passes at Le Chable.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not much chance of a queue this weekend.

Likewise, I’d give La Vache a wide berth, Dhau or Cabane MT Fort far superior.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy