Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Choosing boot for a heavy skier, Speedmachine vs Sportmachine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

This year I have finally started skiing and I'm looking for an advise on which flex shall I get.
I have just skied for <10 times, but I really love it and would like to learn proper techniques and planning to make efforts to learn quicker.

I have tried boots up to 100 flex, I felt quite comfortable in it, and unfortunately I cannot find a rental boot that would have a higher flex.

I weight 105 kg and a local bootfitter suggested that I should go with 130 flex, but I'm afraid it could be too much for a newbie.

I have quite a large feet (size 30.5, 116mm in widest point and high instep) and I was looking at two model lines by far: Nordica Speedmachine and Nordica Sportmachine.

Could you advise on which flex and which model shall I go with, I really cannot find difference between speedmachine and sportmachine, apart of the latter being wider.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dreamer538, welcome to snowHeads.

Find a good bootfitter (if you advise your location then forum members will give you recommendations) and then he/she will decide on the make/model/flex that's best suited to your requirements/foot shape etc.

For a 105kg'er a 130 sounds about right, especially if you're tall (more leverage) but I'd say that you shouldn't really be less than 120.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm 186cm tall and I have just started my ski carre.

I'm living in Gothenburg, Sweden, I only know one bootfitter here: Udens sport, seem to be credible.

I tried both Sportmachine 110 and Speedmachine 130 in the shop, I seem to have no trouble flexing both of them, but sportmachine seems to be a bit more comfortable in the width, though the bootfitter says they can fix the width.

I'm really lost now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
how much you weigh?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
105kg
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dreamer538, they can fix the width.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dreamer538, Udenssport are good. The other option I'd suggest would be Sportspec in Mölndal.
For both stores, either get there soon or wait till next season as they'll be running low on stock and shifting over to cycling soon.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for recommendations. I’ll try both of them.

Also I found that some of reviewers on the internet say that sport machine is “slower in turns”, did anyone experienced this?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dreamer538, ............ speedmachine.............. I got the old speedmachine 14............. 130 flex.... 102mm width and I weigh 95/97 kgs. Set the boots to "Hard" (rear adjustment),....... make sure you firm up the boot strap as best you can, and these boots are superb. Very little flex distortion. Solid and responsive boots, my only gripe is they can get "cold". Otherwise a very creditable choice over mainstream sally/Atomic.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Love my Speedmachine 130s. Best boots I've ever had. HTH
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy