Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's Super G

Poster: A snowHead
It goes ahead despite the snow falling and the cloud being heavy!

They must get the run in today as the media centre staff and san sicario based volunteers only have contracts until tomorrow. IF the race does not take place today then there is the opportunity to run it between runs of the men's GS tomorrow (Monday).

Today they plan to run the race at 12.00 CET (11.00 UK time) with start intervals at 1minute and no TV breaks....

More news later
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doesn't look like there is any hope of ruuning this race at the moment: the course is very foggy, surely it would be dangerous to run in these conditions?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RACE IS CANCELLED. Decision about when it goes ahead later
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I cannot believe they were considering running it with starters at 1 minute intervals, meaning there would be skiers on the course at the same time. Sounds far too dangerous to be worth it IMO.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Starters at 1 minute intervals was so that the amount of snow falling on the course was kept to a minimum. The more snow that falls the slower it gets.

1 minute is enough for the racer to be virtually at the finish. They do have guys all the way down the course with flags so that if a racer crashes and is in anyway a danger to oncoming racers or is injured, they will stop the next racer and they then ger taken back up to the start for a re-run.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The race will happen at 12.00 CET tomorrow Monday it has just been announced.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
conor wrote:
I cannot believe they were considering running it with starters at 1 minute intervals, meaning there would be skiers on the course at the same time. Sounds far too dangerous to be worth it IMO.

That's standard practice in DH and SuperG, particularly when you get past the top 30 starters. As RacerReady said, if a skier crashes out, the next guy who will have already started is waved-off by officials on the course.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Report on the situation, plus Chemmy update from RacerReady on MySnowSports.

Hard to see 'Michi' Dorfmeister deposed from the top step of the podium on this one, although you can hardly class Kostelic (if she races) and Paerson as outsiders!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Women's Super G scheduled to start at 1445 CET, 45 mins after the start of the Men's GS second run....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
And the sun is shining....

Reason for delay is to scrap all the snow off the course. (Not to let the journalists have a lie in honest!)

Men's GS has also started but I do not know how to do a link to that so.....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mind games have started....Kostelic will be racing despite saying that she would not at the Combi press conference!

Guess Paerson will now say that she is going to win....zzzzzzz
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just stated on BBC interactive (channel 301 on Freeview).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not a great run from Chemmy, skiing at bib 8. She only manages third, with most of the top racers starting around 25-30.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar.org.uk, Chemmy dropping back fast now, with some of the stars still to go
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dorfmeister was awesome, and didn't realise she had won! Double gold in the speed events. What a way to end her career!!
latest report
All a bit predictable really? And the gliders definitely seem to have dominated this race - I won't say the 'heavier' racers wink
snow report
Actually that's not really fair. I withdraw that remark!
ski holidays
PG wrote:
Actually that's not really fair. I withdraw that remark!

May not be fair , but it looked rather accurate ... bit disappointed it was so less exciting with Ms Alcott having a worse-than-expected time of it ...
latest report
eEvans, why do you say that? Are you taking the TYPICAL British armchair experts analysis in that she was not winning? I agree that sheis hyped up some times but this is the only way that Fleet Street will take notice and provide column inches. Like it or not the column inches help to provide the much needed cash that provides the training facilities and coaches.

This may not have been the top ten she is capable of but in all honesty this was a fair result. Chemmy admits to not being a great glider and this was a gliders course. This was a course set for bad conditions (it was set during the snow storms) and once set could not be changed.

Once all the factors have been considered this was a fair result. Not what we all wanted but fair!
latest report
RacerReady, Simply because it was worse than I expected - and hoped for - nor did I expect her to win ... and nor do I accept your 'column inches = cash' argument either ... do advise how that works into the lottery funding calculation ( and I don't know) ?

P.S. My armchair is TYPICALLY in France.

Smile
ski holidays
Column inches are what sponsors want to see. They want racers to be in the newspapers and magazines etc especially with pictures with their logo's prominantly displayed. It is not just lottery funding that provides the cash for the British Team. British Land, Morgan Stanley, VIST Clothing, Audi, DirectSki.com have all contributed amongst others to the money that makes the skiing go downhill (excuse the pun!).

Lottery funding comes from results and placings.

The column inches does not guarantee cash but it sure helps.

Your armchair may be in France (lucky you being nearer the mountains!) but are you not a British person (I hope am not being nationalistic here)?

(I hope this is not going to affect my health.....your wealth could be affected by subscribing to my magazine though....he he!)
snow conditions
RacerReady, Yes I am British.

Ok , Neil ,, you're a journo so please tell me what the relationship between Chemmy and her sponsors Witan is ?
snow conditions
Financial! They provide her with cash and in return Chemmy has Witan as her head sponsors. She alsol has various other sponsors in the form of Futur 3 Clothing, M&S, Audi and others. Wiitan, as her main sponsors, get to be her 'head sponsors' meaning that everytime Chemmy talks to the media, has her picture taken, is on TV ((BBC or C4 except at the Olympics), or is competing, Witan are seen prominantly, thus getting more column inches!

witan are a financial house and are currently renegotiating her contract.
latest report
RacerReady wrote:
Financial! witan are a financial house and are currently renegotiating her contract.

Yes , I knew that. Witan is an investment trust which is primarily managed by Henderson , I was wondering what the personal relationship was between Chemmy and the organisation and its managers.

Seems a bit odd to me that a (relatively) obscure Investment Trust should be such a 'Big' sponsor, just wondered if you knew?
snow conditions
They have the money and want to be associated with the profile that Chemmy can provide them with. As far as I am aware there is no personal link apart from that that has been built through the sponsorship...

Sorry to be so vague but I do not know any more than that!

Regarding the 'Big' bit they are putting some BIG money behind her! At the end of the day, if they pay the cash, they get their name on the head!
snow conditions
Was the course too flat, too easy? Some racers thought so.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy