Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda Piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anyone tell me the name of the section of pistes between Arraba and Corvara? I was there last year and going to Canazei next week. I'm looking to avoid it because it was slushy with big moguls and I found it a nightmare to negotiate. I can ski down most slopes at a decent clip and technique but I have no clue on big lumpy slush. Is there an easier way to Corvara? Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snaffy, Hi and welcome snowHead

Are you talking about the red pistes in Passo Campolongo? (piste map here). You can avoid the worst at Boe by taking the route over Monte Cherz/La Vizza/Pralongia on blue runs, but you'll need to route-find off the Sella Ronda to go that way.

Alternatively, hire some fatter skis and smash through the slush Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the welcome and quick reply!
Yes I think it might be Campolungo. I loved the pitch off Port Vescovo because the snow was firm but that slushy area killed me lol. Keeping my balance seemed to be the hardest part so I might go for fatter skis this time as you suggest.
Thanks again
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simple answer would be to ski the run in the morning before it gets soft if warm weather is forcast

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 6-03-18 22:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Download the '3d' version of the Dolomitisuperski map

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-area/ski-map :: scroll down the page

You can find blue alternatives/routes to your 'horrid' red....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also the Dolomitisuperski app does route planning where you can set the difficulty you want, thereby avoiding reds if that is your wish.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There’s 2 pistes needed going from Arabba to Corvara. 1st is down from Bec du Rosses to Passo Campolungo. There is a choice of red or blue for this run.

From Campolungo the SR green route takes Costoratta chair then you take piste 1 into Corvara. This is a red but there is an alternative blue 1 for about half the route.

If you want, you could easily go via Cherz instead. Take Cherz 1 (it’s right next to Costoratta, no need to cross the road by foot). Ski the blue down and take Maserai Chair up. Ski blue 8 all the way to Corvara (a long way, past Pralongia 2). You’ll end up back on the SR route in Corvara. At the top of Maserai you might fancy doing the famous ‘Pista del Sole’ on the right before going up again on Maserai to get 8.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy