Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there a feature to mention users?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is an inappropriate place for this post, or if it has been answered before (couldn't find the answer).

Is there a way to mention/tag a user in a post so that they get notified for being mentioned? Other ways?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @ittayd, I think that if you click on the users name it adds it onto the post. If their settings allow it, they should then be notified.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As far as I know clicking on the name just adds an @ to the username and puts bold html tags around it. I don't believe it can or does trigger any notification.

As a contributor a thread shows up in Your posts with an indication (folder icon is orange filled) that there is a new post but there is nothing to say the new post is directed at you or in response to something you've written. Only the tagging described above which helps you to manually review.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stand corrected. Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use this on another forum, it's a really useful feature.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here is where you can ask questions like this and/or make requests for improvements.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can't find the answer anywhere either – how do you tag someone? Been scrolling the q&a s
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bowesyboy, click on the person's name where it shows of the left of your screen. That person will get an email notification, if their settings allow it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Amazing @fixx, got it (finally!) THANK YOU Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No problem snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pezza26 wrote:

I think that if you click on the users name it adds it onto the post. If their settings allow it, they should then be notified.

Layne wrote:
As far as I know clicking on the name just adds an @ to the username and puts bold html tags around it. I don't believe it can or does trigger any notification.

Yes, it just adds the ampersat to the username, but this does in fact trigger a notification, depending on the users settings, so you can just add it yourself, doesn't need the bold tags either. Similarly the "quote=username" will also trigger a notification.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks very much. I was trying to tag a username whilst quoting their post and was getting stuck. I'll try this "quote=username". Thanks v much
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I get an email when anyone mentions me.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bowesyboy wrote:
Thanks very much. I was trying to tag a username whilst quoting their post and was getting stuck. I'll try this "quote=username". Thanks v much

It's in square brackets, "[quote=ddddd]" with a matching end quote tag "[/quote]" . You see it if you hit the quote button to the right of a post in the list but can also be added manually.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy