Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunweb vs Interactive Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
A tale of two very different companies - one dreadful and one superb.

The dreadful Sunweb -

prices are always different from the real ones - sometimes by substantial margins as they use EJ and the real prices have changed since they last updated their indicative prices

no indication on the web anywhere that their self drive holidays do not include channel crossings

not bothered to answer a complaint as

I tried to book a package at 530pm and then got an error message. Same had happened in the morning but I had been in a rush to go out. Rang their helpline - blow me they stop work at 5pm.

Emailed them complaint Wednesday plus screen print of error message and set out booking I was trying to make - electronic acknowledgement response and reply within 48 hours - well now sat am and no reply - what a surprise.

Superb

Interactive Resorts- really worked hard to find me something and bargained with owners as well

but being picky about the resorts I go to they could not succeed as only availability was in places I did not want to go to.

Would defo give them another try in the future
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
countryman wrote:
A tale of two very different companies - one dreadful and one superb.

no indication on the web anywhere that their self drive holidays do not include channel crossings

Bit daft to assume that they would, besides I reckon only a tiny percentage of their customers actually require a channel crossing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
countryman wrote:

Superb

Interactive Resorts- really worked hard to find me something and bargained with owners as well

but being picky about the resorts I go to they could not succeed as only availability was in places I did not want to go to.

Would defo give them another try in the future

So how was the holiday?

Oh wait...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
countryman wrote:

Why would you assume that this would be included in a self drive?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@countryman, yeah, a channel crossing wouldn't be useful unless you lived anywhere except the UK. And Sunweb are a German (?) company. So a strange assumption for you to make.

Also your claims about Sunweb prices "always" being different is untrue. We booked with them last year at the advertised price. Saying they're a "dreadful company" is your opinion, and not a fact. We found them excellent.

Also, how dare people go home from work at 5pm Laughing

I understand that you had a disappointing experience trying to book, but it's not the end of the world! Doesn't sound too "dreadful" to me...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did not assume anything - just wanted to know whether they included or not and their website did not say. I found out by emailing them. Erna Low, for example, does provide crossings as do some other operators I looked at. Anyway I was not aware Sunweb were not a UK company, not that that should matter.

Anyway eventually booked diy to Kirchberg with a flight with an airline I have never heard of before but appear to be a Lufthansa sub and take skis for free, Eurowings. Usually do not d-i-y for a week as I like to go for longer and do a multiresort trip via self driving.

and I am delighted you were pleased with Sunweb, denfinella. I am afraid one can only rely on experience as other threads show some are delighted by EasyJet and some are disgusted and its is the service which you get that defines the experience.

And I am afraid, shock horror, 5pm shut down in a customer service industry, whether rightly or wrongly, is not good business practice in C21st when you have a useless website.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lift passes are always included with sunweb . That's £150 per person saving minimum . You can get a return ferry with car for £100 . I know what I'd choose .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sunweb is a Dutch company based in Rotterdam. So 5pm finish in the UK is 6pm in Holland.
They are quite a big holiday company in Holland and are not just a ski company.

I booked with them for a ‘self-drive’ ski holiday in January and organised my own flights and transfers which not only gave me the flexibility of not flying from Gatwick but was also cheaper. The total cost was also much cheaper than an equivalent package from Crystal.

It is a pity you did not call the booking team during business hours to discuss your requirements as I did when I had a few accommodation queries prior to booking and found them very helpful. I received a call back the following day with the answers.

Overall, I was so impressed with them that I have contracted them again for another trip at Easter.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used Sunweb last year, very very good price, would use again. They were great also when I changed a passenger etc.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote of confidence for Sunweb from me, I've used them many times without issue. When I've had to change something on the booking their customer services have been excellent.

Also their holidays are bookable online so the prices shown is thee price you pay.(only ever done self drive)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Me too, used Sunweb now 3 times, I have never witnessed a price change and always found them helpful.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Used Sunweb for a group booking of 22 last year to a catered chalet on a self drive basis and had no issues - we were able to have a variety of passes for a few wanting 8 day passes, they were able to accommodate different arrival times and their UK based customer service team were never anything but helpful. We knew they were a NL based company so there would be travel to arrange but it was a much more affordable way of getting a half term week away than any package.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't think this thread has had quite the impact that was expected Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well it just shows how different people's experiences can be and I am delighted so many people are happy! They finally got back to email query four days later. They offered good value as many have said and certainly for self drive - but in some cases that disappeared when you tried to add the flights because they were priced very differently from the indicative amount. Interesting that most commenters have done self drive and my problem was with a flight inclusive package.

Oh and now remembered why they confused over whether channel crossing was included - for flight packages, which include flights and transfers, they show a little plane, a little transfer car and a ski pass. For car - they show a car and a ski pass.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Moral of the story is do a little more research to actually find out what you’re booking . We ve used them a couple of times without problem. With the flight you get a plane , car and ticket symbol . With self drive you get a car and ski pass symbol . ( no ferry symbol ) self explanatory really ...
snow report
I used Sunweb for a short break this year. Great price and great service, would definitely use again.
snow conditions
There's nothing stopping you from booking your own flights and transfers separately to the accom/lift pass if you think the flight and transfer price is unreasonable.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy