Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendation for mixed group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can someone please recommend something based on the following

- parent who ski
- grand parent who does NOT ski
- 4 yr old kid

Ideally, a resort that meets the following
- nursery slope accessible on foot (no ski pass required)
- village/town that a grand parent can spent half a day hanging around waiting on kid to finish half-day of ski lessons
- not expensive (no Swiss resorts)
- Preferably Italian or Austrian

So far I am thinking of
- Borovets
- Bansko
- Les Get (bit pricey)

Would half-board or self catering apartment work best?

I have only been on boys trips to large resorts (val d siere, Chamonix, Morzine, Cervinia), all are too expensive to take 4 people.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bansko would be ideal...I’ve been a few times
There is a VERY gentle end to the ski runs in the town at the bottom of the gondola. We went with a mixed age/ability group this year. Under 7s pretty much ski free. I think their pass is 1€ per day and if you’re hiring equipment, they often get kit free too.
We always opt for HB just because no one can be bothered to think about where or what to eat after a day skiing!
Lessons as part of a ski pack are cheap...I think it was just over £ 200 for 6 day passes, equipment hire and lessons for 4 hours a day.
We’ve used bulgariaski.com and traventuria for booking..my pref is Bulgariaski. Great value resort, nice old town, plenty spa treatment places, cheap food & drink. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Borovets is better for those with a bit more experience...not so good for the beginner.
Balkan hols also do good deals.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les gets would work. Also worth a look are Briancon/Serre chevalier, Montgenevre, Zell am see, Risoul, Hinterglemm, La Rosiere although some of these are in France.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Söll - great place
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jayroc2k wrote:
- Preferably Italian or Austrian

So far I am thinking of
- Borovets
- Bansko
- Les Get (bit pricey)

None of those are in Italy or Austria.... Puzzled

Quote:
Ideally, a resort that meets the following
- not expensive (no Swiss resorts)

And yet you include a French resort? rolling eyes Aaarrggggghhh!!!!! We pay about £4.50 for a large beer and we do have Lidl here, you know
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy