Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AAAARGH my new lens.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wash my hands before handling the new Oakley Rose Prizm lens which is going in one of my pairs of Oakley Canopy goggles. Out it comes, and carefully is set into the frames, then the protective film removed. Nice. I check its ability to increase contrast against other goggles laying around the place. It's a very impressive low light lens, despite the apparently low VLT. It goes onto my helmet and then in the helmet bag for tomorrow. Everyone in the family knows that I am a bit anal about goggles getting scratched in the car - there's a plastic box in the back of the estate, alongside boots and poles, into which helmets are carefully placed at the end of the day.

First day out in clag I am extremely pleased with the lens - great contrast, usual Canopy field of vision. I couldn't source a Pink lens in time, which is supposed to be as good as the old Hi Yellow for zero viz days, but this is exceptionally good.

All day the lens works brilliantly, and when covered in snow, a quick glove-wipe with leather guide glove clears it well, without scratching. Then....a nice tree run in cracking snow, and BLAM....I manage to ski right into a low hanging branch, at speed, pine needles covered with ice. It's something I have never done before, and although it was a huge whack to the front of my face and head, I feel fine....but AAAAARGH look at all this damage to the new lens!!!!!!

I wipe away the ice particles and get out a microfiber lens cloth. I know NEVER to wipe the inside of an Oakley lens but carefully I clean the outside. Each time I think I find a chip out of the lens, it turns out to be an ice crystal adhering to the surface. And I clean carefully until I find that the lens is completely undamaged. Well done Oakley. Brilliant stuff.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They used to boast about the sunglasses ball bearing drop test.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
haha give them to my kids if they want a real test!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
valais2 wrote:
.....I couldn't source a Pink lens in time, which is supposed to be as good as the old Hi Yellow for zero viz days.....

I used to think the old Hi Yellow was excellent but the Prizm Pink is a noticeably better.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Give them to me for the ultimate test, ruined a Smith IOX lens while they were up on my helmet by scrapping along a metal shelf...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Why never wipe the inside, but outside is ok?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do what some tw@t did to my Lobes mirror lense. Swapped them in a busy après bar when left on my helmet. Mint to trashed in 30 secs rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sev112 wrote:

There is an anti-fog coating on the inside, that can be easily wiped off, especially if wet.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Old Fartbag wrote:
sev112 wrote:

There is an anti-fog coating on the inside, that can be easily wiped off, especially if wet.

Worth paying for then Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That was a rollercoaster ride of a read
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is the reason I have a visor, to keep branches away

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My Prizm lenses went to Japan immaculate, and all came back with scratches from twig/branch impacts from tree skiing. I'm not concerned about damage when skiing, but I get p*ssed off by casual damage, especially if caused by someone else's incompetence (carrying skis badly, swinging skis poles while walking upstairs in front of you, etc).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mosha Marc, ....that’s a good idea....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy