Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction Chapter 106 - thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On the hunt for new skis and have heard a couple of good comments about this ski.

Not many reviews on-line, but from the limited blurb it sounds like it would be fun off piste and prob in moguls(?) - but not sure about it on piste (where it would spend 50% of the time) so wondered if anyone had any first-hand experiences?

I’ll be doing a bit of skiing with the kids, so don’t want anything that is too much of a handful.
I’m coming off Salomon Rocker2 90s, which I’ve enjoyed and have served me well, but are a bit tired/knackered and I am tempted to go a bit wider for my next pair.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I tried a pair a couple of years ago and wasn’t impressed. Maybe they were mounted too far forwards? Also have a pair of Faction 9’s which are nice, predictable and very stable but quite traditional shape, feel. Hoping to get on the new CT 5.0’s soon but they’re probably a bit wide for you! Maybe the 2.0’s are worth a look? Alternatively if you can find them at a decent price the DPS wailer 112’s are fab and easy to ski. Everyone I lend mine to likes them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I own a pair of these and would rave about them.

Fundamentally an off piste oriented ski but they are fantastic on the piste too - for a ski of this configuration.

You mileage may vary but I wouldn't hesitate to get another pair.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the responses.

@Blackblade, as a matter of interest, where is the recommended mounting point on these skis and how have you got yours set-up? I've never owned twin tips before, but would be looking for a traditional set-up (not centre mounted).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@abj,

Just saw this. If you’re a 178 and and ok with tech bindings get in quick

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/174517530002097
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy