Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soul 7 binding position advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I am looking to change my bindings from marker Squire to marker tour f12, unfortunately the hole centre conflict on two of the holes, so will have to position the bindings 18mm further aft. The skis are 172 soul7 , how significant is this shift will they ski radically different or barely notice, do not want to end feeling in the backseat. Options please Very Happy

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
18mm's a fair bit, could you get round the conflict by fitting quiver-killers with epoxy so long as the holes don't actually overlap?
Sure Spyderjon will have the relevant conflict dimensions
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the suggestion, the holes would be at very close maybe overlap, 18mm movement gives 10mm edge clearance.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My Soul 7s have a boot centre line marked on them for -2cm, so I’d take that to mean they’re designed for it at least.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're desperate to use f12s, you may be able to get hold of some 2nd hand Dynaduke plates from the TGR Forum. They would allow you to mount your f12s with a different hole pattern.

Otherwise, have you checked the hole conflict with other frame bindings?

Edit: Above advice relates to f12s, not the f12 EPF.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The bindings are the f12 EPF, as I have bought them already will use them even if I buy new skis🙄.

My soul7 do not have the -2 marked reading some reviews that was a free ride position, probably not a disaster, but could make them less responsive I think.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For powder, especially with so short ones (172cm), I would definitely go with 2cm back. Skiing is so much better this way. Ski is still floating and you can still be aggressive on ski, while when you put bindings on 0, tip starts to sink as soon as you start to ski it more aggressively. So no worries if you need to put binding 18mm back. I would do it either way Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just read this....

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2016-17-rossignol-soul-7-hd

Blister recommend mounting the ski 7.9cm back from the true centre of the ski. My guess is that that corresponds with your 18mm back - worth checking, you might be in luck.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies , I have put the skis in to have the F12’s mounted , so should be at about 18mm aft. Will be interesting to see the difference Very Happy . Just need to buy some skins now.

Cheers
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi @njl1968, Are you by any chance looking to sell your Squire bindings?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy