Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bluebird Wax

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have been using Bluebird wax on my board for years now and consider it one of the best out there; it smells great too.

I'm nearly out of the stuff and can't seem to find it on sale in UK anywhere. I know it's made in Jackson Hole by Travis's mate, have they gone out of business or has anyone on here seen it on sale ?

Thanks

Boxey

PS .... Alternatives ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea about Bluebird wax. Sorry. But on my first skiing holiday (ever) I recently I found that I was gliding quite a bit further than other people I was skiing with. If there was a "straight line" run out, leading to a long flat section to the next lift, I was sailing past people who were having to pole. The difference was noticeable. I was using Hertel Super Hot Sauce Wax. https://www.snowrepublic.co.uk/Skiing-and-Snowboard-Wax/Iron-On-Wax/Hertel-Super-Hot-Sauce-Wax?zenid=5f0qj3b0ihsh6loqmclr13bnr1

It's quite hard to scrape off when you've let it go cold, but it lasted well on the holiday; only loosing a little of it's glide on the very last day (day 6); but it was still sliding pretty well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have to agree about the smell, love the stuff Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Awdbugga wrote:
No idea about Bluebird wax. Sorry. But on my first skiing holiday (ever) I recently I found that I was gliding quite a bit further than other people I was skiing with. If there was a "straight line" run out, leading to a long flat section to the next lift, I was sailing past people who were having to pole. The difference was noticeable. I was using Hertel Super Hot Sauce Wax. https://www.snowrepublic.co.uk/Skiing-and-Snowboard-Wax/Iron-On-Wax/Hertel-Super-Hot-Sauce-Wax?zenid=5f0qj3b0ihsh6loqmclr13bnr1

It's quite hard to scrape off when you've let it go cold, but it lasted well on the holiday; only loosing a little of it's glide on the very last day (day 6); but it was still sliding pretty well.

Cheers Boxey
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Watching!

Love bluebird wax, super fast and a great smell indeed. Didn't realise it had become so hard to get hold of Sad

Will need to ration what's left!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Boxey, https://bluebirdwax.com/collections/wax

Let me know what you want and I'll order here (I live in the US) and I'll bring it over to the eosb and ask another snowHead to post it to you when they get back to Blighty.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought some through a Snowhead (PaulC1984) a year or so ago, might be worth trying to PM him to see if he's still able to supply it
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've use bluebird and it is decent, but difficult to source in the UK for a good price. In the U.K. I used Datawax, a company based on Glasgow and run by Douggie Crawford's family. Worth checking out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Boxey
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
auntie masque wrote:
@Boxey, https://bluebirdwax.com/collections/wax

Let me know what you want and I'll order here (I live in the US) and I'll bring it over to the eosb and ask another snowHead to post it to you when they get back to Blighty.

Thanks so much for the offer ...very kind

You have given me an idea though, I have a brother who lives in Atlanta!

I'm still thinking about joining the eosb !

Boxey
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MikeM wrote:
I bought some through a Snowhead (PaulC1984) a year or so ago, might be worth trying to PM him to see if he's still able to supply it

Thanks Boxey
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy