Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beijing 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It hasn’t rained/snowed in the mountains round Beijing for 5 months 😳

The average season snowfall in the resort hosting the skiing events is 20cm... Hardly a winter games when everything’s artificial. Hope Sion gets the next one for some proper winter action.

http://www.businessinsider.com/beijing-olympic-mountain-venue-has-barely-any-snow-2015-7
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why did anyone think it a good idea to award it to them, or were they the best of a very bad bunch to bid?

I see the only other bid was from Almaty Kazakhstan, after others pulled out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Almaty is actually a very nice city and shymbulak offers snow sure skiing with modern lift infrastructure. In fact the gondola from medeu (easily accessed with public transport) up to the ski resort is very impressive. It would have been a great host city and I'm sure they have the oil money to have made it happen.

John oliver did an entertaining piece on why all the other countries pulled out -
http://youtube.com/v/QrKf-fAekds
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BobinCH wrote:
The average season snowfall in the resort hosting the skiing events is 20cm... Hardly a winter games when everything’s artificial. Hope Sion gets the next one for some proper winter action.

I'm sure it doesn't matter for figure skating, but for competitions in any kind of skiing for example, believe it or not, no snow and -10c is way better then dumping 50cm of snow every day. Snow conditions in Korea were pretty much similar and I don't know anyone who was there, and I know many, that would be complaining about "lack of snow".
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy