Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where the hell can I buy Spyder Gear in England???

Poster: A snowHead
I've looked on the internet and can't find anywhere you can get Spyder gear in the UK, apart from Snow and Rock and they've hardly any stock.

Does anyone know of anywhere that stocks a decent range of the stuff?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think that any place in the UK has a particularly extensive range. Best to find an overseas online retailer who will ship to the UK.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jack Hallam, I've a contact in the US I can recommend. I'll PM you his email address.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What is the attraction of Spyder?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris, trendy and expensive, I dunno, ask Jules when we come out next month, he bought a Spyder jacket in Whistler. Actually it is apparently extremely warm if you suffer from the cold.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Knew there was a thread somewhere. Try on thisthread for info.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What, those star trek suits..?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jack Hallam, Filarinski's in Havant nr portsmouth had a range of spyder in this year, no idea what they still have tho
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jack Hallam, according to Spyder's website (www.spyder.com) BigBear are the UK Distributors - you could get in touch with them to find out who stocks what.

Just had a quick look on their website and it looks like these guys are stocking a fair range of Spyder gear: www.finches-ski.co.uk .

Also, the spyder website lists these guys as the Europe online dealer: www.wintersport.tv - prices are in Euros and it looks like they're based in Austria but do free delivery to the UK for orders over €100...[url]
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
isnt it ski gear for ski experts,no stacking in spyder gear ,they say if you crash in spyder gear ,some one magically gets you on your skis or board before anyone see you , Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ozwhit wrote:
isnt it ski gear for ski experts,no stacking in spyder gear ,they say if you crash in spyder gear ,some one magically gets you on your skis or board before anyone see you , Laughing

Oh no, the secret's out Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, not just trendy and expensive also very hard wearing and comfortable, according to my wife who has a couple of Spyder jackets. BigBear are the importers but difficult to find in most ski shops, too expensive to stock apparently, sounds like an oxymoron as far as skiwear is comcerned
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon wrote:
Jack Hallam, I've a contact in the US I can recommend. I'll PM you his email address.
Thanks for that, I'll e-mail him now.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Knew there was a thread somewhere. Try on thisthread for info.
Thanks Helen, I'll try them as well.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jack Hallam, hi jack - i bought a cool black spyder jacket from this US on-line retailer last Autumn and their service was great (as was the extensive selction of spyder products) - happy shopping.

http://www.backcountry.com/store/brand.html?mv_session_id=2aZcmKaS&brand_id=100000050
latest report
dg3, digressing, but we've been playing with Schuss, great fun, absolutely recommended, how long did it take you to compile the questions?
latest report
dg3, out of interest, did you get charged any customs duties when you received your jacket? I've always thought of ordering from the US as it is often cheaper for certain goods even with the delivery charge, but the threat of unknown customs charges on import has always put me off...
latest report
britskier. You can phone the Customs & Excise tarriff classification service on 01702 366077. Each item falls within a specific category. I believe that if you do have to pay VAT and import duty you also have to pay it on the P+P as well. (another govt rip off) Last year when I was looking at skis, I was told there was an additional 10% tax if you bought from USA over Canada
snow report
dg3, how much was the postage?

I second that Spyder outfits are very warm!
snow conditions
nuttyprofessor wrote:
I second that Spyder outfits are very warm!

Way too warm for me. That's why I wear one of their Venom Big Mountain hardshells. I paid £180 for it in a sale in C1650 at the end of March 04. It's done 9 weeks since then & has been superb.
latest report
gsb, Thanks gsb - I thought it was something like that. A friend was told when he bought skis in the USA (when he was actually over there rather than by mail order) to use them for a day so they'd be 'used' rather than 'new' so that there'd be no import duties, which, if true, sounds crazy!
snow conditions
gsb, Gidday,
I'm affraid it's now 12% tarriff and then the VAT. The Tarriff code for ski clothing is 621120090.

This is going to bore the hell out of anyone but, for skis and bindings the duty rate is 3.7% (code 6506110000 and 6506120000) and other stuff ski related is 2.7% (6506190000)

If you're really bored you can go to this site and get the rates so you know what can be charged.
http://europa.eu.int/comm/taxation_customs/dds/cgi-bin/tarchap?Lang=EN

I work in imports/exports so am used to this. God how boring is my life. Need to get to the mountains.
snow report
britskier, I bought a Spyder Jackson Hole softshell with their breathable fabric (love it) - think the jacket cost about £200 (inc postage - got it in 7 days) and then I was hit for £80 via the UPS courier for taxes - but still £280 vs UK prices and ltd stock range - nae bad.
snow report
dg3, you wouldn't think it was such a bargin if you knew how much it cost to make that jacket!
snow report
britskier wrote:
Jack Hallam, according to Spyder's website (www.spyder.com) BigBear are the UK Distributors

That'll be why supply is poor then. They are also the Giro snow helmet importers rolling eyes

ScottyDog
snow conditions
Ski plus in Navigation Road, Chelmsford sells it.
snow conditions
why? Puzzled
ski holidays
Lifetime warranty on Spyder gear by the looks of it...neat.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dg3, thanks - interesting to know for the future.

kiwi1, do you know if you have to pay import taxes for "used" goods bought by yourself whilst on holiday? ie. if you buy skis/bindings or a ski jacket in USA/Canada and use them for a day, will you still have to pay when you go through customs on your return?
ski holidays
This is my first time as a SNOW HEAD! So not sure if I'm doing this right. But I've just got a load of Spyder stuff from onebelowzero.com. Their service is excellent and they also do a reward point scheme. Laughing
latest report
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
I've looked on the internet and can't find anywhere you can get Spyder gear in the UK, apart from Snow and Rock and they've hardly any stock.

Does anyone know of anywhere that stocks a decent range of the stuff?

I've just got a load of stuff from onebelowzero.com. Their service is excellent and they operate a reward point scheme.
snow report
Too late for this year but my local TK Maxx has had an assortment os Spyder kit in for the last couple of seasons.
ski holidays
TQ wrote:
This is my first time as a SNOW HEAD! So not sure if I'm doing this right. But I've just got a load of Spyder stuff from onebelowzero.com. Their service is excellent and they also do a reward point scheme. Laughing

You're not doing it right; your post is 8 years too late for the OP! wink
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
TQ wrote:

You're not doing it right; your post is 8 years too late for the OP! wink

The poster also appears to potentially be pushing their own shop, two posts refering to this shop and nothing else!
latest report
To even things up then (and I'm not from this store) use The Tog Store. They were really helpful and are just down the road from Big Bear, so if there is something not on their site that (but Spyder make) they can get it. Got all my gear recently from then and its always been the cheapest I can find. Great Service too!

As for skis, I always use Glisshop, cheap and great service!
snow report
Ski Plus in Chelmsford does a big range of Spyder gear and does mail order through their website online shop.

http://www.skiplusonline.co.uk/Special-pages/Search?searchtext=spyder&searchmode=anyword
latest report
Surely the best way to get Spyder clothing is to go to CERN, climb into the LHC and hope the bombardment of exotic particles sends you through a rift in time and space to the early 90's when the brand was popular.
latest report
Richard_Sideways, Very Happy
ski holidays
Nice resort wear. If you like that sort of thing.
ski holidays
davkt wrote:
Too late for this year but my local TK Maxx has had an assortment os Spyder kit in for the last couple of seasons.

Hmm, related to the sale of the brand in 2012/13 to management company and now manufactured by a Chinese mass manufacturer with a history of poor worker treatment, dangerous factories, and poor quality products...

Nah.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy