Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brixen im Thale - is it a worthwhile destination?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know where it is I've passed through there many times many years ago on route to Kitz,
But I'm trying to organise a Feb 2018 family get together.

Its very convenient for a train from Zurich and my daughter is keen to get some place that's going to be easy by train from Zurich.
Oma & Opa ?
Well we'll have to fly to either Innsbruck or Munchen.

I know not many of us Brits go there ... is it because there are no Hotels?
Is it a place for Dutch Caravaners?

Has anybody any experience of staying there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
went there almost 30 years ago, stopped in a school holiday style hotel arranged by Hourmont, ( my dad ran school ski trips) Zero nightlife then other than looking in a couple of cow sheds. We stopped in our hotel, and had one evening out in Kitzbuhel.

I suspect it's changed...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski welt one side, Kitzs on the other, looks good right? But "Brixen" means "layby" in German. The petrol station has rooms out the back if you're determined but the road dominates

Also be aware that the place is low and utterly exposed to the sun and so having to downride the bubbles is normal.

Easy train from ZCH and INN means the Arlberg surely?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haven't stayed in Brixem im Thale but have skied the area. Lovely skiing and Brixem is nicely placed in the middle of the area. Easy drive from Munich. Westendorf would also be a good option.

We stayed in Hopfgarten (very convenient for the train) in the Haus Lukas, which was lovely. There's a trip report on here.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was there briefly on Friday. It seems a pretty small town strung out along a road but there's a few guesthouses dotted about and a couple of supermarkets. It's an easy entry to the vast SkiWelt area and easily accessible to Kitzbuhel too. Great snow this season and there's evidence of plenty of snowmaking and some fast, modern lifts. You could certainly do worse.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As others have said, ski area is excellent, and Brixen is well-placed within it to access all of the area. Haven't stayed in the town though.

We visited the ski area in mid-February 2014 and didn't have any lift queues (though it was a week before half-term I think). The only runs closed in the area were the resort runs to Brixen (low and sunny) - but not a problem if you have to download.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all for the input, my memories of this location was a sunny spot with not much snow cover on thee north side of the valley.
I'm sure it would be a good place if you have a car with you, but I have a feeling its not really a resort, and we should be able to chose a better more convenient place.

My daughter is pushing for somewhere in Switzerland as there luggage can be shipped conveniently ahead by train which sounds great.
Of course for us (Granny & Grandad) the cheapest way is to go with a Tour Operater ... but the CHF has pushed most of the Swiss resorts of the Richter scale.

I think it would be best if I took the back seat, and let my daughter choose ...
"She wears the Salopettes"
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy