Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation in Lyon and surrounds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to cut my journey in 2, around Lyon, at Easter... Wondered if anyone has any recommendations for hotels, B&Bs etc. Plan is to drive all the way down to here, giving us just a few hours on the Saturday morning to get into resort...

Any tips, locations, hotels would be awesome folks...

Thx in advance

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Book quickly!! I booked just after new year and there was hardly anywhere left at that point.. at least according to Expedia.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed here last year, just outside Lyon in Ecully

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g661468-d5790760-Reviews-Maison_d_Anthouard-Ecully_Lyon_Rhone_Auvergne_Rhone_Alpes.html

it was a bit pricey but very nice.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sack the Juggler wrote:
We stayed here last year, just outside Lyon in Ecully

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g661468-d5790760-Reviews-Maison_d_Anthouard-Ecully_Lyon_Rhone_Auvergne_Rhone_Alpes.html

it was a bit pricey but very nice.

bug... All booked... Thx... Could be the Camponile again Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mercure Villefontaine/L'Isle d'Abeau, right on junction 6 of the A43, just past the first peage after Lyon towards Chambery. An 8am crossing will get you there at around 3pm, with around 2 hours left to, say, Bourg St Maurice.

Decent rooms, swimming pool and bar. Two restaurants - use the more expensive one, as the basic one was a bit grim!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@AlpineAddict, If you're after a "stop & go" place try the Ibis near Lyon (St. Exupery) Airport. Not far from the autoroute. Secure car parking. Breakfast available early doors. We stayed there a few weeks back and it was fine. If you want to stroll around a nice French town then this ISN'T the place for you.
For somewhere scenic with lots of hotels I would recommend Beaune.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GeorgeVII, we normally do 'stop & go' and stay at the Campanile in Reims Sud.. Basic but just what is needed... But being Good Friday, we're able to get off a lot sooner on the Friday, hence getting a lot further down... Ive booked somewhere in Lyon, b ut it's free cancellation so still gonna look...

@sproggski, Will take a look thx...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sproggski, Just checked it out and probably would have gone with it, if I'd have booked a few weeks ago as it would have been cheaper I reckon... Coming in and just under £100 for a double with brekkie... Place Ive booked is £70, but more importantly they do decent family rooms, so the families don't have to reserve 2 rooms...

Thx loads tho... Def one to bookmark for the future...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Premier classe lyon. Close to motorway. On ind estate. Stayed 2 weeks ago. New hotel. No character however beds and showers great. Restaurant next door. Reasonably cheap.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy