Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR - Snowtrax, Dorset

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Resort: Snowtrax, Hurn, Dorset

Author: EarthWindandWater

Date: Various, February 2018

Our holiday: I had some leave to use up and took a day a week, with a trip looming I wanted to get some lessons / practice in, and was recommended to try here.

Basics: Very easy to get to, just off the main road into Bournemouth from the A31. One week was in half term: get there early or not at all, as it got really busy!!

Lift system: One lift for the main slope, best described as "idiosyncratic", but not tricky once you're used to it. I think there is a magic carpet for the beginners slopes

The snow: It had been a while since I'd been on a dry slope, this one uses Proslope, which is more of a carpet than bristles I guess, took a little getting used to but felt pretty good once I'd got a few runs under my belt.

The terrain: Very well pisted (!), I'd guess the main slope is "blue" (there is a beginners slope and donut track, but I didn't go on these...). There is a kicker at the bottom of the main slope, and at various times, jumps and rails, as well as slalom courses.

Costs: I went to the Morning Coffee sessions, which covered two hours with an instructor for the whole group (Wednesdays was busy, Thursdays less so...) running drills and giving individual pointers, and included a free coffee after. £15 (+ £3 if you needed equipment). I used their skis (max length 165cm) and they were fine, I think I'd have been disappointed if Id been given them in resort mind ;0) Somebody there told me their weekend morning kiddie lessons were very good.

Conclusion: Great value sessions, very laid back. Not the nearest facility to me, but worth the 40 min drive and good fun.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nearest airport?
Transfer time?
Snow depth? About 3-5mm I’m guessing...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Orange200 wrote:
Nearest airport?
Transfer time?

Nearest airport is Bournemouth- transfer time. I guess 15mins if you walk.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Longer if rainmageddon?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Orange200 wrote:
Longer if rainmageddon?

That could less as I would be inclined to run Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:
Orange200 wrote:
Nearest airport?
Transfer time?

Google maps suggests a 45min walk its over 2 miles Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tarrantd wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
Orange200 wrote:
Nearest airport?
Transfer time?

Google maps suggests a 45min walk its over 2 miles Very Happy

Oh well - felt closer but probably thinking to the entrance for he private jet part rather that the other bit Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Average price of Beer ?
Average price of Lunch?
Rudeness of staff?

But seriously, try Southampton dry slope for comparison, it has Dendix and two proper drag lifts, must be doing something right as it's where Billy Morgan started and still goes now and again!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin wrote:
Average price of Beer ?

Never had a beer, I would truly consider myself #WinningAtLife if i could go skiing AND have daytime drinking to boot!! Unfortunately too much to do...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
From memory, £3.90 for a "normal" beer, and £2.95 for the beer of the week.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow conditions better there today Happy

https://m.facebook.com/snowtraxuk/photos/a.713172638714652.1073741826.117443848287537/1836054493093122/?type=3&source=48

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1836057506426154&id=117443848287537
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy