Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Heaters with Zipfit Liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody successfully fitted Thermic boot heaters to Zipfit liners? My Wife is keen to try Zipfits, but will not give up her heaters.

The Zipfit website and Google have not helped.

The problem I see is putting holes in the back of the liner to get the wire through, and then to seal them so that the goop does not leak out. A secondary problem might be wear and tear on the wire from continual liner insertion / removal (assuming the recommended method is used of putting on the liner before inserting into the boot).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the new zip fits have a hole at the back of the heel to feed the heater cable through. I have older zipfits and cut the hole in the sole of the liner then run the cable underneath, and out of the back. From memory, the Thermix heating elements come with some sticky fabric which secures over the top of the cable to keep it in place.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ulmerhutte, I got zipfits for this season after a visit to Bicester and had Thermic heaters fitted but reused my previous batteries which saved a little bit. They have a slot at heel for the cable. No problems wth cable wear so far but you have to be mindful of cable when putting foot into boot shell so as not to trap it. There is no way I can get boot on if I start with the zipfit in the shell.

I would not give up my heaters either! Only skied 8 days with the new boots though I'm now lucky enough to be seeing out the end of the season so will have a chance to see how they bed in over time. Certainly the grip around the heel is very good.

I currently have a black toe from January and having ensured nail is short, now thinking I might need a little stretch in the toe box as its on my bigger foot. I like the fit from the zipfit liner but do feel there is not a great deal of padding around the toes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rob@rar, and @andy1234, ... thanks for your help. That’s good news.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slightly OT but may help in that there was some discussions elsewhere that heated socks were rated better than insoles by folks that had tried both....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm fairly sure my zipfits have a factory made hole for sidas heated insoles.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All the new ( last 3 seasons, manyobbwf) zipfit s have an area at the back of the liner which is a storied around slot ski long as the liner is cut within that stitching there is no risk of damage to the cork sacks you can tape the cable then to the back of the liner to offer a little more protection but a little care when putting on is the best thing ( and accepting that you may damage the cable in some way at some point, new elements are only about £30 tops)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy