Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Missing Children in Avoriaz-one dead, other injured.

Poster: A snowHead
Two brothers missing since yesterday in Avoriaz have been found at the foot of a cliff, one is injured, the other didn't survive the fall.
Thoughts with the family.

Report from Le Dauphiné Liberé (in French)

http://www.ledauphine.com/haute-savoie/2018/02/25/avoriaz-deux-enfants-portes-disparus-retrouves-au-pied-d-une-falaise-un-mort?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=ledauphine.com-alerte-info
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hells Bells, how simply dreadful. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's horrendous Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hells Bells, oh no, can't think of anything worse. RIP and sympathies to family and friends Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jesus Christ. How awful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Horrific; poor kids and poor parents.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sad

RIP

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boy-12-dies-after-falling-12085098
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sad Sad Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Truly tragic Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells wrote:
Two brothers missing since yesterday in Avoriaz have been found at the foot of a cliff, one is injured, the other didn't survive the fall.
Thoughts with the family.

Report from Le Dauphiné Liberé (in French)

http://www.ledauphine.com/haute-savoie/2018/02/25/avoriaz-deux-enfants-portes-disparus-retrouves-au-pied-d-une-falaise-un-mort?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=ledauphine.com-alerte-info

You have an affinity for these terrible accidents

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=118623
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@davidof,
Quote:

You have an affinity for these terrible accidents

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@davidof, I don't think twice in 14 years could be classed as an affinity. Could it just be because I look at Le Dauphiné website occasionally?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells wrote:
@davidof, I don't think twice in 14 years could be classed as an affinity. Could it just be because I look at Le Dauphiné website occasionally?

I haven't searched the archives but I remembered you'd posted a similar accident from the same area not so long ago.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:

I haven't searched the archives but I remembered you'd posted a similar accident from the same area not so long ago.

WTF??? Who cares if he posted something similar before.

Man sometimes I hate the Internet....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounds very similar to the young British boy falling off the cliff near Flaine lake a few years ago, leaving the piste and going through the woods at the end of the day

Very very sad and hope the other child recovers from their injuries.

@davidof, does not really matter who posts does it?

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 25-02-18 19:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Not a good weekend. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp
ski holidays
@davidof, I’m really not sure why you’re highlighting this. Hells Balls posts lots of news items over the years. I can’t say I’ve ever noticed an affinity to such tragic issues.
ski holidays
A terrible tragedy, but why where a 10 and 12 year old skiing on there own?
snow report
geepee wrote:
@davidof, I’m really not sure why you’re highlighting this. Hells Balls posts lots of news items over the years. I can’t say I’ve ever noticed an affinity to such tragic issues.

I just noticed the story was similar to that of a nearby Flaine incident that Hells Bells also posted.
ski holidays
Terrible. Although if I've read the location correctly, it's hard to end up on the edge of those cliffs by accident; you have to cross the main road up to Avoriaz for a start.
latest report
Tragic. RIP.

skitech wrote:
A terrible tragedy, but why where a 10 and 12 year old skiing on there own?

When kids ski off into trees - which they love - it can be hard to follow them, and with a few minutes they can get pretty far away from the slope on skis. This a reason why a lot of parents are interested in some sort of tracking device.
ski holidays
Does anyone know the area of the accident well?

I mean, how did 2 kids BOTH fall off the same cliff?
ski holidays
abc wrote:
Does anyone know the area of the accident well?

I mean, how did 2 kids BOTH fall off the same cliff?

Avoriaz is basically at the top of a huge cliff, the Flaise (sp) area where there are some apartments and down towards the Prodains gondola are right next to them as another post said they are well fenced off but the nursery slope through the village runs very close to the edge.
ski holidays
@stevew,
That’s not the same area. They fell off in the Super Morzine area. No tracking device would have helped them.
It’s very icy at the moment and the terrain falls away towards the cliffs. I’m amazed one of them survived tbh.
Very sad.
ski holidays
zzz wrote:
@stevew,
That’s not the same area. They fell off in the Super Morzine area. No tracking device would have helped them.
It’s very icy at the moment and the terrain falls away towards the cliffs. I’m amazed one of them survived tbh.
Very sad.

Ok, not clear from what I read on that side but as you say the cliffs that side are as severe and really quite close to the right hand piste as you look down
snow conditions
How awful, two young lads like that. I'm amazed that one survived. The stuff nightmares are made of.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy