Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Foot pain in New boots w/custom insoles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

After a couple of seasons of using crap rental boots I decided to finally get my own with custom insoles from Ski Bartlett. They seemed to fit fine in the shop but after using them for first time in canada I'm getting some serious cramping pain on the sole of my left foot aswell as some bruising on both ankles, I took them to a boot fitter in revelstoke and he told me they were too big so managed to put some foam on the liner to alleviate the ankle issue a little.

The foot pain seems to go away after a few hours but it is uncomfortable and makes me enjoy my skiing a little less, does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be? I may try putting in the stock insoles but I'm not sure if this will work.

Unfortunately I'm going away to austria on Friday so I will not have time to get to a boot fitter before I go.

Any suggestions will be welcome!

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I usually find a bit of foot discomfort, if not pain, just after the start of the day but it goes off and I'm fine for the rest of the day. I've always thought of it as just something you have to go through. I remember telling my instructor once that my feet hurt and she said, "So do mine"!

Having said that I've just had some custom moulded footbeds in my boots, but to correct my stance, so we'll see how it goes next week!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Give ski bartlett a call and ask them for their advice. They have a good reputation on this website, although I've never used them personally, so they should be able to help, but you should probably take the boots back to them anyway to fix the problem permanently.

I'm surprised they sold you boots that were too big for you though, as I said, there are many on here who swear by them. I'd be interested in hearing what they say.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had some serious pain issues with my new boots and insoles when I first got them. i took them back to the bootfitters and they ground them down a bit where the pain was and they've been pretty much perfect ever since.

Clearly the best thing is to try and get back to Ski Bartlett before your next trip but if you can't find time you could try without the custom insoles or even buy a pair of standard insoles in resort if needed as a possible quick fix.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Give ski bartlett a call and ask them for their advice. They have a good reputation on this website, although I've never used them personally, so they should be able to help, but you should probably take the boots back to them anyway to fix the problem permanently.

I'm surprised they sold you boots that were too big for you though, as I said, there are many on here who swear by them. I'd be interested in hearing what they say.
+1

FWIW, I have started getting cramp first thing in the day, which is something I always suffered with my old, floppy boots. I have only just started experiencing this with my current ones, which are into their eighth season now (with several trips and 8-10 full days of coaching at Hemel per annum) and are getting a tad loose during the day, also for the first time. So I guess that (over)size is a possible issue.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Screechmeister, it could be too much space, equally it could be that you have a prominent plantar fascia which is what you are standing on, this is quite common and all it needs to fix it is a channel grinding in the footbed directly below the problem.... if the boot is too big (and we cant see it form here so only have the boot fitter in the resort to beleive then you may be gripping with your toes which will cause your foot to cramp up
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy