Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

is ski hire web sites a RIP off

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all just a general query have been searching all the supposedly ski hire discount websites for my ski hire have entered all various serviceable codes , have had several discounts of 10% to !13% discount of supposedly shop price. Have managed by alternative web search in local language to go to actual ski hire web site and book online through the shop itself . here i was giving 10% discount just for ordering online this worked out about 5 to 8 euros cheaper per ski hire This hire was for Italy just wondering is this the consensus or is this just one of.
What do Snow heads know about this or can anyone suggest alternative to English web pages
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sedwom, It’s always worth contacting shops directly as they then don’t have to pay a commission to the likes of Skiset etc, so might be amenable to a better price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're using a middle-man then they'll put a mark up on what they pay, should be a big surprise that this is sometimes more than the price you can get by going direct to the shops. Ski hire isn't specific in this, it's the same with any price comparison sites.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are working so hard for 5-8 euro discount, are you sue skiing is for you?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Man Of Lech, nothing wrong with looking for every decent deal. And if you're booking for 5 or so people then it's a 25-40 euro discount, which isn't to be sniffed at.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
it was a general observation . i thought all these ski hire web sites, alpine resorts slopefox etc were giving us huge discounts in their blurb ie up to 60% off 30% discount etc etc . it is not the actual figure of the discount it is the misdirection. i for one will now avoid these websites . i became suspicious when all these websites offering discounted ski hire had the same search page engine all under different named companies i would advise snowheads yes use them but do a little bit more digging to see if the shop offers them cheaper cutting out the middleman it might cut down the price for us snowheads
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had trawled all the usual intermediaries when booking for Austria using all the "discount" codes I could find and got no better a deal than booking direct (well booking with the Sport2000 website which the shop advised when I rang direct) with no discount code. The intermediaries seem a bit of a waste of time, even if you can save the odd Euro maybe better to book direct so any issues can be dealt with.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy