Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Did I ruin my new goggles? (Uvex Comanche take off replacement lens?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

So I think I might have made a massive mistake; can you help me fix it though...

I recently went skiing, easyJet lost my bag on the way out so I had to buy some new goggles and invested in a pair of Uvex Comanche Take off's.

As I was sat on the train to the mountain on the second day I decided to clean my goggles. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I gave the insides a wipe with a wet cloth and gave them a good wipe clean to get the marks off. Off I went up the mountain (it was -23 at the top) and about 15 minutes later, the whole goggle was steamed up. I couldn't see **** as I made my way down the grand montets!

I ripped them off and stuck them in my jacket pocket, put my sunglasses on and made do. I tried again 45 minutes later or so, same result. Oh ***.

I then did some reading on a chair and read that some goggles have a protective anti fog coating on the inside that you should never wipe, and especially not with a wet cloth. Oh no.

After lunch the temperature settled (-6) and I tried them again this time with success. I think they started to steam up at the top of the goggle towards the end of the afternoon but nothing to really worry about.

Now, are they ok? Is there anyway to test them before I go away again next week?

Is there anyway to re-anti fog them?

Can I replace the inside lens for the Uvex Comanche take off and at what cost?

Any help would be lovely x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These are the goggles if it helps...

https://www.glideslide.co.uk/15999/products/uvex-comanche-take-off-polavision-ski-goggles-black--silver-mirror.aspx
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jono, .. if they were oakleys I would say you have definitely bugg””””d them ... but may also be true of Uvex:

https://theskimonster.com/blog/posts/how-to-clean-ski-goggles/

Er...next step contact Uvex I suspect ...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jono, this:

http://www.goneboarding.co.uk/mobile/forum/oakley-goggles-anti-fog-problems/threadid/31828/showthread.aspx

Brasso? Pretty drastic...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
valais2 wrote:
@Jono, this:

http://www.goneboarding.co.uk/mobile/forum/oakley-goggles-anti-fog-problems/threadid/31828/showthread.aspx

Brasso? Pretty drastic...

It’s an option I suppose, I’ll give Uvex customer support a go!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Generally, only ever wipe the inside of goggles with the DRY microfibre cloth they come with.

However they're probably fine. The reason they steamed up will be because you got water in them. Get water in any goggles - sweat, snow flakes, hold them under a tap, whatever - and they will fog up. Leave your goggles in a car overnight with kit and there will often be enough moisture to make them fog up.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also you have to consider the lens akin to glass. Imagine a mirror in a cold bathroom. Have a hot shower and the water droplets condensate on the mirror.

I see so many people stick their goggles up on their helmets where they get cold then put them on and wonder why they fog up. All that moisture coming from your hot body hits the cold lens and does the same as your bathroom mirror.

In the same way as a heated mirror resists fogging so do your goggles if you keep them warm, so once on in the morning try and leave them on your face! Not so easy over lunch I appreciate.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy