Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler in April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking into a 10 day trip for a largeish group (16-20 people) for the start of April 2019.

Whistler was the hot favourite but one of the group has heard that snow conditions are not great there come April.

I've googled this and everything seems to be fine (resort will be open for a few weeks after our trip). But now I'm worried.

Anyone got experience of snow conditions in Whistler in April?

Anyone got other resorts in North America that I should be considering (we loved Breckenridge but would like to try somewhere new).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well my heli-operator buddies close at the start of April, but that's more related to the number of visitors than the snow. Their last day is a staff day and it's always really good. I will be there then, heading further north/inland for the first week of April, although not particularly because of likely Whistler conditions. I would not worry about it.

Oh, you're talking about the season after this (!). Well the same applies of course... but you can google down historic conditions easily enough. Broadly "end of season" is actually safer than "start of season" simply because it's winter in between those two things and it tends to snow through that period so the base gets deeper... but you're not going to run out of snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Like anywhere, conditions vary from year to year. I've usually been in Whistler in the last half of March, sometimes stretching into the first week of April, and even in a bad year, when there's been no snow on the lower mountain, there's always been enough at the top. Lower down you'll get "spring conditions" (but there's a LOT of upper mountain Very Happy )

This year, temperatures are low, and the snow should hold up well through April. Next year? Who knows. (but what@philwig, says is on the button).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
great time to visit whistler , sure to be snow in the alpine , with some variable snow on the afternoon runs home , always a chance of fresh snow in early april .and should be some late season deals to be had if easter doesn't fall when ur there ? vail would be a possible alternative for that time of year ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Banff is the obvious as it's the "other" big Canadian resort. By April I'd be preferring further north and further inland to ensure snow doesn't get too warm by lunchtime. How big is Jackson Hole for 10 days?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Orange200 wrote:
Banff is the obvious as it's the "other" big Canadian resort. By April I'd be preferring further north and further inland to ensure snow doesn't get too warm by lunchtime. How big is Jackson Hole for 10 days?

Pretty sure Jackson Hole is not further north then Banff (or Whistler)! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JH has a lot of south facing terrain so is not at its best by April. Whistler is as good a bet as anywhere for early April. Just make sure everyone can ski corn
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Orange200 wrote:

Jackson Hole is a very bad idea for April. About as bad as it gets. It faces south west and even early March conditions can be not fun.
Other great options for spring in North America are Banff (as previously mentioned), Mt Bachelor and Mt Hood in Oregon, Mammoth in California, Alta and Snowbird in Utah, Copper and Arapahoe Basin and Breckenridge and Telluride and Loveland and crested Butte in Colorado.

I’ve skied Whistler in April twice and conditions were great mid mountain up both times.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been to Whistler in April 2010 and April 2012 and able to ski to base both times.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy