Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

For those of a certain age....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Long(ish) article from the Times about the increases in ages of skiers and boarders and associated risks....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/times2/the-rise-and-falls-of-the-silver-skier-hxrgf3207

Quote:
That “one last run” mentality can be hardest to drop in your forties and later, yet it could prove your undoing. Research at the University of Utah shows that most ski injuries occur after 3.30pm, when muscles are tired and snow conditions have deteriorated. “You are asking for trouble if you ski for too long,” Macdonald says. “Your ski endurance is not what it was in your twenties and your aching legs have to deal with icy snow in midwinter or slush in spring at the end of the day when everyone is coming off the mountain. It’s a recipe for disaster.”
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"One last run" - yep, learned that lesson. Happy to stop at 3pm, download on the lift if necessary, and enjoy a beer, bombardino, whatever.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So give up? Or you could just put in the training so that you are properly ski fit for your holiday. Journo's eh rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And, on the other hand, https://tinyurl.com/ybaqwas2
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurtle, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
most ski injuries occur after 3.30pm, when muscles are tired and snow conditions have deteriorated. Nothing to do with Alcohol.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can remember skiing in my forties rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hurtle, quite, woman the fu*k up

@Jonny996, no I'm sure alcohol has no impact whatsoever, if you'll pardon the pun Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The article fails to miss the point that the Silver Skiers are now the future for snow based holidays UNLESS they can encourage more youngsters and millennials to take winter holidays. School ski holidays at a sensible price would also be a good start!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What’s the problem here?
Just get up later-avoid the bucket of Aperol-ski til the end
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
The article fails to miss the point that the Silver Skiers are now the future for snow based holidays UNLESS they can encourage more youngsters and millennials to take winter holidays. School ski holidays at a sensible price would also be a good start!

Agreed.

On the topic of silver skiers.....
Last time I skied the Alps, with PG, Masque and a few other sHs, I used to get the 1st lift up, ski through the French lunch period then go into deck-chair-mode about 14:30 with a beer and a baguette. On a fine day I'd still be on the terrace to watch the 'last run carnage'. In comfort and safety.

I'd have been about mid-50s then - suited me just fine.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
these days tend to do a long morning with coffee break lunch at 2 for an hour and very easy afternoon. That said I am probably fitter than when I was 35.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whilst I agree about the "one last run" it doesn't have to be just after lunch! A month ago I had a week skiing with a 50 year old who was 20 years younger than me and we were on the first lift, had two 20 minute hot chocolate stops and finished about 4. Use it or lose it!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dubaian wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

Agreed.

On the topic of silver skiers.....
Last time I skied the Alps, with PG, Masque and a few other sHs, I used to get the 1st lift up, ski through the French lunch period then go into deck-chair-mode about 14:30 with a beer and a baguette. On a fine day I'd still be on the terrace to watch the 'last run carnage'. In comfort and safety.

I'd have been about mid-50s then - suited me just fine.

These days I tend to get the lift after the ski schools have gone up, ski through French lunch on nearly deserted slopes stop for a snack around 2pm and then home by 4...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
welshskier wrote:
Whilst I agree about the "one last run" it doesn't have to be just after lunch! A month ago I had a week skiing with a 50 year old who was 20 years younger than me and we were on the first lift, had two 20 minute hot chocolate stops and finished about 4. Use it or lose it!

Humh...flakes, folds or falls off more like...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy