Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest/Best method of transfer from Chambrey/Geneva to La Plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Think we have found a decent deal for 4 of us to get away in March and only thing we'd need to sort is transfer to resort (La Plagne) from any of the airports serving it. Chambrey and Geneva have good flights (times/price).

Can anybody recommend how best to get us 4 to the chalet? I'm favouring hiring a car although never done if for skiing before (what do you do with it the rest of the week especially if it snows a lot?!). Do cars come kitted out ready to go, chains etc?

Less hassle seems to be taxi/coach. Bensbus for example is Ok but departure and transfer times make it a very long day. They also don't go from Chambrey. Any recommendations?

Train? Then we have to get up the hill etc. Planes, trains and automobiles.... seems another hassle.

We're not a precious bunch and price isn't the be all end all. We value getting there and also away in reasonable time.

Appreciate any help/advice.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Findtransfers.com

Put your requirements in and let a hundred and one businesses bid for your business. We’ve used it 3 times now; perfect every time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one. Thanks will give it a try
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hire a car every time unless the bus times work out well. Car hire for a week (unless peak) can be from £120.00, but probably more like £200 plus chains in france another £35 plus extra insurance for the car - about £20. Add £20-30 of fuel, now compare to 4 on a bus, round trip £70pp and you about the same with the added value of being able to shop in the valley, visit other places and come and go as you please. La Plagne has a reasonable amount of free parking.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, I looked at a car but then there is the toll roads. It seems a lot of hassle for not much gain in the end. At the moment it looks like we'll hire a private transfer and pay about £100pp. A bit more but none of the hassle of waiting for buses etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Toll is about £8-10 each way if you go via Annecy, which is a bit more direct. Toll can be paid contactless so really can't be considered 'hassle'.

For NY none of the transfers I looked at would go up from the valley, so the last bit from Aime to Belle Plagne would have had to be a taxi. Decided that car was more expensive (especially as only 3 of us) but worth it and would definitely do again (although preferably a bigger car). Was also good on the way back as had to be out of apartment at 10am but flight wasn't until 8pm, so had plenty of time to kill.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did this a couple of years ago and even on my own a small car was the best option, based on cost, times, convenience etc.

Ended up picking up a hitch hiker (guy on the plane looking for a lift to Bourg, not a road side axe murderer) and he gave me a very generous contribution and made the journey more interesting too!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy