Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Bags Single bag or Double

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is completely random post please feel free to hurl abuse at me. I am going to buy a ski bag - thinking of getting a double as I'm married and wife now skis, kids ski etc. But they go to school so most of my skiing is going to be me on trips with mates. Anyone thing that getting double bag is overkill / cause airport probs when stuffed with clothes?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess it depends who you are likely to be flying with etc... but I would say not overkill. When we went at half term one of our BA hold bags was the double ski bag which contained two skis, two poles, one ski boot, 4 pairs of salopettes and lots of pairs of socks. Had 23kg allowance and it did the job perfectly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I purchased a Dakine fall line double, stuffed with clothes and my skis and taking a large carry on it saved me the additional cost of a checked in piece of baggage, I did of course have to pay for the ski bag - 23kg allowance with easy jet
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Providing the double bag you are considering isn’t significantly heavier than the single, you really don’t have anything to loose. I use a tripe with 1, 2 or 3 pairs, plus whatever else fits within the weight restriction.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was flying with easyJet last month and had everything in one ski bag totaling well over 20kg, with my boot bag, same as always. Checking everything in Geneva no problem, on my return however I was told that the ski carriage was 20kg combined weight in one bag. Weird
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get the double SportTube. Protects your skis, has wheels so easy to lug through airports, has multiple other uses (e.g. fishing rods, golf clubs), can take a surprising amount if stuff if packed carefully, and IME accepted by all airlines.

Trust me - once you have seen how baggage handlers throw ski bags about you will not regret it! I saw some skis being thrown out of the hold straight onto a baggage cart this year, and was very glad mine were in a hard container.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
An alternative if you’re travelling with your mates is to pack 2 or even 3 pairs of skis in the bag and split the cost of carriage. Pack clothes separately or you’ll be overweight. Depends how long you’re going for etc. as to the best option.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Handy to have the bigger volume available to you than not. We fit 3 pairs into a double bag, albeit one pair is a kids pair, with plenty of left over space for clothes if needed. I think we could fit in 3 full sized pairs ok. I think the weight of the bag and you carrying it would be the limitation before how much you could fit in it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Definitely double - I flew Ryanair this January and paid ski carriage, but avoided paying for an extra hold bag. I think the weight limit was 20kg from memory, which was plenty for 1 pair of skis, boots and ski gear. Between that and a standard carry on bag I had plenty of room.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you for your advice
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy