Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rechargeable Ski Passes

Poster: A snowHead
Quick question folks...

If you have a stack of rechargeable ski pass cards, can they be used for any resort that uses them? I have a bunch of Les Contamines cards and am going to the 3 Vallees next week... I have been trying to buy the passes online (they do have the same 01 - 1614 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx - x format) but my transaction is failing every time... I've called my bank to see if it's a card transaction issue and after the first failed attempt, they're not even seeing transactions now...

So, I was wondering if it was that I've got it wrong, and you can only recharge the cards you have in the resort they're for...????

Thx in advance folks...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 5-02-18 19:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The technology is pretty much uniform but it does vary from resort to resort. With our Grand Bornand season pass we get three free days at any station in the Haute Savoie, some places they just "charge" our original pass e.g. La Clusaz up the road, where there is complete interchangeability , most other places e.g. Les Saisies, Les Contamines or Chamonix valley, they issue one of their day pass cards to you.
On that basis.....Contamines & Trois Vallees?... I doubt it very much.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thx for this... My understanding is, from reading, that as long as your card has a 01 - 1614 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx - x number on it, you can reuse it at any resort that uses this format...

I've just actually heard back form my bank and despite not telling me, they did block the my CC... rolling eyes

So, I've put all my ski pass numbers into the Les Menuires ski pass website and it has accepted them... I hope they work after it allowing me to shell out €1800.

You'd think that the site would not allow the numbers if they didn't work...???? I hope anyhow... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting. I've just had a close look at our passes and they have that number format. Haven't used one at another resort yet this year. I'll see what happens. Expensive hobby we have Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mrs Rhoobarb used a 3 Valleys pass in Norway this year. As long as it has that number format it should be fine.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used a Serre Che pass in Val Thorens, if the site accepts the numbers, the card will work.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting. I’ve got a stack of old cards so this could be a handy timesaver. Is the numbering format lift company specific? E.g Setam resorts always have the same number format.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think if the lift pass reader gates are 'Skidata' (good Salzburg company), then the corresponding lift passes are rechargeable and interchangeable.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, had an email back from Les Menuires and they've said as long as the number format is 01 - 1614 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx - x then we're all good to go... Can update passes up to 5 hours before skiing...

So, I would assume this will be the case for all resorts that use that format... I've EMB, T3V and Alpe d'huez, all using 01 - 1614 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx - x format, however, I've also some passes from La Plagne and PdS and they seem to have different codes (although they were several years ago), so could be not 'all' resorts... although I don't understand why... Would certainly be huge for the environment not to have these passes binned at the end of the trips...

I notice in Les Contamiens, you can pay a couple of €s more for photo ID passes as well... Guessing this is for this reason...??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have Paradiski cards from some years ago which have a code starting WTP. The Vialattea site recognises and accepts these codes, although I'm wary of completing the transaction. Anyone any idea if these would work?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I once tried to re-use some Paradiski ones (La Plagne) and because they were pre-ordered ones they said they couldn't be re-used. Which seemed odd to me. I have a whole stack from different places. Never thought about re-loading at different resorts. Seems something they should tell people about.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some resorts give you a discount if you recharge online.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NJ wrote:
I have Paradiski cards from some years ago which have a code starting WTP. The Vialattea site recognises and accepts these codes, although I'm wary of completing the transaction. Anyone any idea if these would work?

I would have thought if the website allows the numbers and you can add insurance and get a receipt, then you should be ok with them... The Les Menuires site ONLY accepted numbers in the exact format... I mistyped one code and it wouldn't accept it.

Otherwise, just email the Ski station. Les M got back to me immediately.

@Layne exactly... You'd think they would be shouting it from the rooftops really... Huge money and environment saving exercise... It's funny as this all came about as a friend and myself were chatting in the bubble up for Les Contamines discussing that resorts should have websites were you can just recharge your cards, all over... and low and behold... you can Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Found this

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=135840
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just a quick message to report back that passes worked just fine... Thx y'all Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
queenie pretty please wrote:
I think if the lift pass reader gates are 'Skidata' (good Salzburg company), then the corresponding lift passes are rechargeable and interchangeable.

The car park machines in the City Centre in Southampton are Ski Data but my ski pass doesn't work in them Sad
Makes me wish I was skiing every time I park my car snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy