Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family trip End of March .. Advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I am planning to go on a ski trip from 23 March to 30 March 2018 ... with my 2 daughters .. ( 10 & 6 years old) ..

I was thinking of Corvara in the dolomites as it has a lot of blue pistes which will be good for the kids

Does anyone know how will the snow conditions be in that time of the year ? Usually I mean ...

I’m looking for a family friendly ski resort that is a snow sure and has some easy skiing.

Serfaus in Austria for example
Or Courchevel 1650 ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Radstadt, right in the heart of Ski Amade, Austria, family-friendly, plenty of easy, cruisy skiing. Stay in Haus Suzanne, owned by a very friendly family of snowheads. Free lift passes for kids at that stage of the season!

The snow has been superb this season and is still falling. March is historically good anyway, but this season might just beat the records!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The snow in Corvara should be fine fine this year at the end of March. They had a great start to the season with plenty of snow and there’s been regular top ups since then. The forecast is looking nice and cold for the next few weeks so it’s very unlikely that there’ll be a shortage of snow when you go.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@queenie pretty please,

Thanks for the reply ... I will do some search about Ski Amade Area ..

Thanks again Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@olderscot, Hopefully

Thanks for replying

Appreciate it Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GiveMe5ive, Corvara is a great choice. Conditions are excellent at present. Forecast more snow and staying cold for next 2 weeks.
No guarantees on snow after that but snow grooming and management in and around Sella Ronda best Ive seen anywhere.
I’ve been twice this season already. I may be returning mid March. There are places I could specifically recommend if you interested. Family friendly, most stunning scenery and mountain ambience. consistently good reasonably priced food and drinks. Excellent lift system and attractive villages.

Courch 1650 also fine and more or less guaranteed good snow. I skied there a couple of weeks ago and conditions fab. Rather soulless compared to Dolomites. Relatively unattractive towns, though mountain scenery still impressive. Good lifts.

Everything about 30-50% more expensive too v Italy. Good base for a family area if you like France and a bit of glitz and glamour nearby. Food and drinks on mountain relatively expensive, even by Alps standards. Again could make personal recommendations about locations, eating, instruction, etc.

Serfaus never been. Well respected guide I have latest copy of quite positive overall. Very family friendly. Pleasant village. Moderate lift system.
Interesting skiing, not especially easy peasy. Not a great snowfall record but this season exceptional. Only about 160kms piste, v > 1000 Dolomitiski and > 600kms 3 Valleys. So what, if 160 is enough?

Hope that helps. Snow not so good Dubai? snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Given the snow base down across Europe this season, pretty much anywhere will be fine snow wise.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have availability in our apartment in Serre Chevalier 1500 (Le Monetier-les-Bains) for that week. Flights available to Turin from various airports. Apartment is just 200m from the ski lifts, and New Generation are based in the village for ski lessons. Check out the link in my signature for more details.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PeakyB, Hi Peaky

Wow ... this is great infos ... thanks for that ... which village is the livliest ? The seasons ends on 8th April .. they won’t be closing some lifts .. Right ?

Please recommend any places or .. I am interested

About the snow in Dubai .. we have like a 3 meter of snow in th beach LooooL
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for replying Little Angel @t4tomo,
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the offer .. How can I see pics of the apartment ? And the prices ... I could not do check the link in your signature from my mobile phone ... Do I have to check it from a desktop ? @Hells Bells,
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Corvara, Serfaus and C1650 are all brilliant resorts and would be great choices

Coming from Dubai, do you have a preferred airport to fly to? Are you limited to GVA & Zurich for example?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@red 27, ... I can land in many airports coming from Dubai

Zurich
Geneva
Munich
Milan
Venice
Lyon
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool - that leaves all your options open.

I would pick Serfaus (or even better Fiss), then Corvara, then C1650.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@red 27, Thanks for the recommendation ... I noticed that Most of Serfaus pistes are red ... how is that for the kids as beginners ?
Will it be OK ?
snow report
GiveMe5ive wrote:
@red 27, Thanks for the recommendation ... I noticed that Most of Serfaus pistes are red ... how is that for the kids as beginners ?
Will it be OK ?

Good question... Serfaus (Fiss/Ladis) sets itself up as above all a 'Family' resort but as you say a lot of the piste skiing is solid intermediate level and above. However the beginners area is a lovely plateau at the top of the Komperdellbahn (sp) which is very much set up for young beginners with music and little obstacle courses etc - like a playground on the snow. There is also one down between Fiss and Ladis but that's a lot lower.

Another advantage of the family orientation of the resort is that on-piste etiquette and safety is by far and away the best I've experienced - no racing snowplough merchants or three-sheets dutch stag parties here, I guarantee it!

I stay at the Schlosshotel at Fiss and highly recommend it.
snow report
@red 27, Sounds very good ... Appreciate your advice

will check their local website.

Thanks Red 27 Blush
snow report
@Hells Bells, I just found your website ...

Thanks
snow report
Waidring is a nice small resort with plenty of blue runs all but one piste is above 1100m, and it’s mainly north facing, so pretty snow sure.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy