Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lateish booking for easter- options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and OH will be looking to book a week in Europe to go away weekend of 31st March.

Went that year last year and it was only the Scottish Easter holidays and was relatively quiet in Livigno- but this year it's all the UK school holidays I think (we hoped our nephews would be coming again so booked in school holidays and now my OH can't change week of annual leave).

How busy does it get at Easter in general- we usually avoid school holidays. Any suggestions of places to keep our eye on that won't be too hectic?

We'll probably try to book if about a week ahead with a package- usually works out the cheapest for the 2 of us flying from Edinburgh or Glasgow (can drive to Manchester). Last year we booked Livigno well ahead and could have got it less than half price the week before or gone somewhere with even better snow!

Very Happy
snow conditions
 fizzer
fizzer
Hi
What was livigno like in that week? I am considering it this year march 31st?

Ski down to resort? Full cover? Wet & heavy or good ?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easter is, as a rule, quieter than Xmas, New Year and Feb half-term. Lots of people switch from snow to beach!

However who knows this year, early Easter, likely good snow still and disrupted weeks for folks over Xmas period!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@fizzer, yes it was fine for that time of year. We wanted to book that holiday in advance and thought it was a safe bet.

Great snow all week top half of the hills- yes got fairly chopped up and a bit slushy lower half as the day went on but it was 15 degrees in town in the sunshine 😄
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just been having a look on the usual TO websites for that week- we need something cheap and cheerful (as I just quit my job to run my business) and nothing showing up quite in budget but not far off.

So any thoughts if prices of packages are likely to go down over the next few weeks as the date gets nearer or are they likely just to get booked up with it being school holidays? (Aware this may be like asking if there will be snow in a certain resort on a particular week! Very Happy )

Always booked in advance to get to go where we want so this is a new experience not knowing if/ where we'll go! Not against DIY but has nearly always worked out cheaper for the 2 of us to get a package particularly as neither of us want to drive to resort.

We'd quite like to go back to the Dolomites but don't want to commit to anything there just now as not always a great late season option- but generally up for trying anywhere new.

Beginning to wonder if we should have a UK mtb back up plan Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MCL, I reckon you'll get something if you stick to your budget and wait it out. Never seen Easter as busy as half term.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It should be a great week to go. Never as busy as the other holidays. We've had some great last minute Easter trips, one of which made us buy a place in Serre Chevalier. There's a ton of snow here right now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski, @Hells Bells, thanks for your replies, you've both calmed my not booked yet nerves! Cool

We should probably stop checking the websites and just look the week before Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@MCL, having said that I've just booked a 4 day DIY trip, Easyjet LPL (and MAN) -GVA were reasonably priced...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MCL, we saw an absolute bargain for Bad Gastein the other week. On closer inspection though it seems a portion of the area shuts on 2nd April. On discovering that it wasn’t so much of a bargain!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got booked up to La Thuile via Newcastle.

Never thought to go via Newcastle in the past but was a fair bit cheaper than Glasgow and only an extra 1.5 hour drive. Will be an early start!

Not done La Thuile before as usually do bigger areas- decided to try somewhere new and knew we’d have a few compromises to get something in our budget.

Quite excited to be trying somewhere new Very Happy and they’ve got loads of snow and more on the way.

We had drawn up a shortlist of about 4 places and been keeping an eye on snow reports and prices.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Us too @MCL, arriving in La Thuile for the first time on the 28th. We've had a couple of lively weeks in Austria this season and looking forward to the contrast.

Conditions looking pretty good Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Valluga, yes I don’t think all that snow is going anywhere fast!

Have you been before?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No this is our first time too @MCL. We found cheap flights to Geneva and wanted to go somewhere a bit different and relatively snow sure. Hoping to take advantage of the Cormayeur day on the lift pass too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy