Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Double wheelie ski bag - compressible when stored

Poster: A snowHead
@Markymark29, No, I don't think so. The size of the bag will exceed the dims for a standard bag, so you still need to book it as a ski bag, but you can do as you say and avoid the extra cost of an additional standard bag. It does work for a smaller snowboard bag though, as these can fit within standard dims.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also, unless the rules have changed, Easyjet was always 20kg, with 23kg only being available for an extra payment, though it's more common with "proper" airlines like Lufthansa.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarlet, Yeah we normally travel LH via MUC but car hire expensive. Train is hassle with baggage (2 changes) and thinking Innsbruck via EJ with a stop overnight for a couple of days, and train to resort - easier but need to suss the baggage thing first.

EJ says (if I'm reading it right, see below) that allowance is 275cm (strange way of calculating it but if bag is 200cm x 30 x 20 say) then that's only 250cm isn't it so complies?

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/cabin-bag-and-hold-luggage
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also looking at the previous page comments - which airlines have a maximum 190cm, EJ? Cant see that anywhere in their T&C's.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Markymark29, Your link suggests that you can... (I think they may have changed that slightly since I last used them, certainly the 23kg allowance is new). I guess you might get away with it somewhere like MAN, where all EJ checkins are automated, and in the same way as the snowboard bag was, you would technically be within the rules.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, Actually, from your unique perspective, wouldn't you just be better off buying a shed in StA and leaving your kit there? NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarlet wrote:
@Markymark29, Actually, from your unique perspective, wouldn't you just be better off buying a shed in StA and leaving your kit there? NehNeh

Long cab ride (or big favour from a friendly Innsbruck resident with a nice estate car) when he stays in Warth wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarlet, @Dave of the Marmottes, Ha, I leave most of our hardware there but need to take skis home to edge/ wax. Don't think the b&b would take kindly to me fastening ski vices onto their dining tables and dripping wax and shavings all over the carpets......don't like using shops out there to do my ski tech, prefer doing it myself. wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Markymark29, Just get one big enough to do a wax in, and leave a bench and a few tools in it?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alternatively just apply juice to your skis and you'll never need to wax them again

We don't know what it's made of, how it works, why it works, what effect it actually has, or anything else. But we paid some world cup ski racers to use it so therefore it must work. End of story now don't argue with me. Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Both my pairs of skis come in at about 7kg per pair with bindings, I liked the idea of a wheeled ski bag till I felt the weight of them, a large amount of my allowance gone before putting anything in.
Travelling with Northerngeezer once, he had all of his bindings in hand luggage and security nearly didn't allow him through🤣🤣🤣
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Markymark29 wrote:
@Scarlet, Yeah we normally travel LH via MUC but car hire expensive. Train is hassle with baggage (2 changes) and thinking Innsbruck via EJ with a stop overnight for a couple of days, and train to resort - easier but need to suss the baggage thing first.

EJ says (if I'm reading it right, see below) that allowance is 275cm (strange way of calculating it but if bag is 200cm x 30 x 20 say) then that's only 250cm isn't it so complies?

This has been discussed before, and the consensus is that as long as there is an option to pay for sports equipment the jobsworths at the checkin desk will look at your ski bag and say that is sports equipment. You’ll probably get a ‘computer says no’ response trying to argue that it is with the dimension allowance for a standard checked bag. If anyone has written to EasyJet and had a response that it is ok to take a ski bag as a standard checked bag, please post it!

Playing with the EasyJet app though it says about £46 for a 23 kg checked bag, and £74 for 20kg small sports equipment which skis are listed under. There is a large sports equipment option of 32kg for £84, but it doesn’t list skis.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So a bag with 2 pairs of skies, total weight 19 kg, doesn't leave much room for clothes.

Apart from the obvious, "don't take many, if any, clothes" solution, the only other one I can think of is to carry the bindings separately.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bruisedskier, I can get two sets of skis (Brahma & R.108, both quiver killered) with one set of bindings, poles, boots and base layers in at 20kg in a Dakine Fall Line 195.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Themasterpiece wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

This has been discussed before, and the consensus is that as long as there is an option to pay for sports equipment the jobsworths at the checkin desk will look at your ski bag and say that is sports equipment. You’ll probably get a ‘computer says no’ response trying to argue that it is with the dimension allowance for a standard checked bag. If anyone has written to EasyJet and had a response that it is ok to take a ski bag as a standard checked bag, please post it!

Playing with the EasyJet app though it says about £46 for a 23 kg checked bag, and £74 for 20kg small sports equipment which skis are listed under. There is a large sports equipment option of 32kg for £84, but it doesn’t list skis.

I'd always just paid for a standard hold bag and used my Douchebag (very good ski bag) and never had a problem until flying back after the pre season last year and got shafted by some jobsworth at GVA.
I'm now avoiding EJ at all costs really don't save that much once you have to pay their sports carriage and the EJ check in queues are stupid at GVA, EJ were queuing past the BA counter after the EoSB.
latest report
@spyderjon,
Hi sounder John wonder if you can help. I’m at a bit of a loss having just got this bag how to securely fasten the bottom. I’ve rolled up the bottom and hooked the buckle in to the side straps but it feels like it could easily unwrap in transit? Any help much appreciated
snow report
jakemanc wrote:
@spyderjon,
Hi sounder spyderjon if you can help. I’m at a bit of a loss having just got this bag how to securely fasten the bottom. I’ve rolled up the bottom and hooked the buckle in to the side straps but it feels like it could easily unwrap in transit? Any help much appreciated

I’m referring to the Scott wheelie bag you posted earlier in this thread
ski holidays
I've got the Scott bag and had the same concern. I found hooking the straps diagonally to the opposite row of hooks worked better.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy