Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites late season for a quick couple days? Where?

Poster: A snowHead
So the boss and his family are heading to Italy on March 31st and are hoping to spend their first couple days out there on skis before heading to Venice etc. They asked me to ask you lot where would be the best bet for late season in the Dolomites.

They're not mad keen regular skiers so don't need masses of challenging terrain, just a taste of the Dolomitic ski experience I've been raving about after Birthday Bashes... And a good chance of there being enough snow remaining to be worthwhile.

On their shortlist is Arabba and Val di Fassa which I can tell them are lovely in feb, but at the end of march / beginning of april how do they fare? Any other suggestions are welcome, they'll be driving from Venice with a full car of family and don't care about drinking/nightlife/etc, just need a nice Italian village to get a couple days skiing in from.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tell the lazy sod to get off his/her fat ar$e, log in and ask him/herself. You’re not his Fing batty boy! British Fing management are a Fing shambles!!

That should free up your time for more boreding and whatever it is youngsters do in their parents’ basement during the summer. You’re welcome Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ALQ, Heeeeey, get out of my thread with your dopey old fart ramblings:D
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jjams82, well I think Arabba is one of the most snowsure Dolomite areas and closer to the Marmolada glacier than most. It's also a pleasant good sized village, with a decent choice of accommodation. Could personally recommend a couple of places I've stayed.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ta Peaky, that makes some sense. I'm not sure they'll love the Marmolada runs but at least they're high, as you say.

Looking at closing dates it seems most places will still be open so I guess it comes down to what sort of area they'd like to be skiing the remnants of.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Conditions in Arabba superb at mo but if no new snow towards end March north facing reds and blacks will be more challenging than usual. If there's some timid skiers in the family suggest Corvara - not much nightlife, a mass of blues in one area and better skiers have easy access to the excellent long reds and blacks into Corvara and La Villa. Lots of good mountain restaurants to meet at if mixed group. Someone will be along soon who knows Val Di Fassa well!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Amazing snow.making means it will be open but altitude and high temps.meams it could be slush. Arabba is you best bet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Based on my BB experiences I'd have recommended Corvara to them myself... Arabba does indeed sound much safer though eh.

I might suggest they wait and see what it's like nearer the time but they may not be so keen on the flexible approach.

Thanks folks, I reckon I've got enough info to take in tomorrow morning, much appreciated:)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jude1 wrote:
Someone will be along soon who knows Val Di Fassa well!

Val di Fassa is aweome. Canazei is probably the best place on earth to spend a winter holiday. Although you probably won't make the most of it if you don't stay up late with random Danes, drinking things you haven't heard of whilst banging nails into a piece of wood with a hollow hammer. Or make use of the off-piste runs that drop into the valley from the Marmolada. Arabba is probably the correct recommendation on this occasion.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I might suggest they wait and see what it's like nearer the time but they may not be so keen on the flexible approach.

With it being Easter they might need to book sooner rather than later.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Harrison the Rabbit, Yep.. I doubt the bosses family would make the most of anywhere like that:D

Arabba it is.

@Matrski, Good point, I'd not noticed that.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jjams82, there’s a nice chalet down in sleepy San Cassiano, which is a gentler area than Arabba. VG lift access to SR circuit and handy for visiting Lagazuoi and Hidden Valley.
More risky with snow conditions down there by end of March. Would temperatures be low enough for snow cannon top-ups by then??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've done Corvara at Easter. Very slushy. Hidden valley was closed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Think about Madonna Di Campiglio on the other side of the motorway. About the same time from Venice I think. It has a glacier and we’ve had a great weeks skiing in the first week of April some years ago. Skiing is equivalent to Corvara in difficulty.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well after all that I went in to work this morning armed with information - and they'd already booked somewhere! The bosses wife is a very keen planner.

Thanks anyways:)
ski holidays
Harrison the Rabbit, how have I missed Canazei? Sounds great! Currently drinking Aperol Spritz in the Jewish ghetto of Venice (as you do). Sorry to go off thread but this bar is great, and not just because Aperols are 3 euros and bar run by tattooed lesbians.
snow report
@Jude1, Laughing
snow report
Thank you Pam; I've just been reading the serious but exceedingly good thread about becoming a ski instructor and feeling a bit guilty about my very flippant post, (though had a quiet moment in Campo Ghetto Nuovo) The crazy random joy of snowHeads, eh?!😂😂 (My sons met a long haired man in Arabba last week!)😂😂
snow report
jjams82 wrote:
Well after all that I went in to work this morning armed with information - and they'd already booked somewhere! The bosses wife is a very keen planner.

She's probably been following the discussion on Snowheads. Surely this is the place for anyone planning a ski trip.
snow conditions
jjams82 wrote:

So where did they book ?????
snow conditions
I'm not sure yet... The boss can't remember, it's his wife who does all the planning.

Something near a pass (so pretty much anywhere) was all I could figure out. I'll catch her and find out eventually I'm sure!
ski holidays
Well I finally caught Mrs Boss who told me they'd booked a place in Moena, hoping to ski San Pellegrino (or I immagine one of the other local areas if conditions nudge them that way).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy