Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Austrian resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In the happy position of looking for a cheap cancellation holiday 4th March for a week. I loved Austria (Lech, Zurs, less St Anton,) and wondered about the comparative merits of: Niederau/Alpbach/Zee/Rauris/Soll/Seefeld which are the resorts coming up on one site. Any thoughts? Its all about the skiing for me not apres.
Your judgement is much appreciated as ever.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might be lucky but they are quite low for that late in the season...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@red 27, its only 2 weeks away and there is a shed load of snow and low temps and snow forecast. I'll be in Flachau
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@poppyb,

i have been o Soll and Alpbach mid March and never had any problems skiing,
it may get a bit cut up in the afternoon but I alwyas had some good skiing,
Go for it
Smile Very Happy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Niederau is pretty boring IMO. we were lucky and caught a massive dump of snow 6 years ago but apres is dull. Auffach along the road had nice skiing and now linked to alpbach.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been to Soll 3 or 4 times, during the first week of March or even later and the forecast at the moment is showing easterly winds in the UK, but more importantly, the cold fronts from Russia hitting the Austrian Alps. As a result snow is pretty much guaranteed for that period already. Even if temperatures climb there is enough of a base to guarantee good skiing and the snow cannon coverage and infrastructure is one of the best in the world. A group of us are out in Soll during the same week and it is snowing again today. Although with low altitude it can cut up in the afternoon, but snow coverage is great this year. Links to the whole of the Skiwelt - massive ski area.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, oops - sorry yes of course you are right. I think I must have read it as 4th April Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dont go to Niederau, ... I'm not sure which Zee you mean ... perhaps Zell am See ?

Of your list I would go to Soll, quite an underrated resort.

The places you mention seem to be the bottom of the barrel ... Not Lech, Zurs Stanton.

But you'll still enjoy it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DrLawn, i've never been to Niederau but I've also never been to a ski resort which I could honestly say I'd never go back to it. . . . all resorts have their merits and all our opinions differ but to say DON'T go somewhere is very blinkered and shortsighted IMHO.

However I have been to Royston and I do know for certain where i'd rather be. . . . . . Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy