Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Narrow boots - experts assemble !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For full disclosure I used to fit boots for a living so i'd rate myself as a 5/10 in competence compared to some on here !

I've v narrow feet, skinny ankles, long toes. Have always struggled with boots and landed on Nordica GPs with zipfits when i was teaching - cork footbeds as well.

I'm in Fischers now (97mm last) which are OK, i've cooked the shells once so could do it a bit more aggresively. They are OK but I'm def feeling a bit of room in there, they are also 130 flex which is too stiff for me. I just got hold of the race shell in 110 flex yesterday which is a 92mm last and crikey it's tight in bare feet, particularly around the rear instep! I'm sure I could make it work but wondered if there was a middle ground seeing as I'm not racing:
- 100/110 flex
- 95mm last +/-

Any thoughts on other shells to look at - I was going to track down a Lange RX100 LV and see what it was like, I suspect it will be much like the Fischer but will feel a bit softer.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Salomon x-max?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@orange, the RX 100 LV is a 97mm, so will probably feel a little loose

there is a head RS140 (120 flex out the box an could be cut softer) which is a 96mm last the atomic Club Sport is also a 96mm shell, or the old model atomic FIS 110/130 is a 95mm last
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought i had narrow low volume feet! After a lot of measuring and research I went for the lange RX100lv. Luckily they seem to measure true to size as i bought online (which i wouldn't recommend, i just got lucky) . Im probably reasonable intermediate level and will tackle most things. I find the flex and fit just right for me.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all @CEM, could I soften the Fischers - I had a look but wondered about doing some slicing and dicing. I think the RC4 podium boot is amazing , getting them on would demand a warm up ! Once on though they are very tight but OK , slight pressure in a couple of places, just wonder if it's overkill for snowploughing with a 5 yo ! The flex is def better, they are measurably softer out the box, the 130 is just too much and i'm not getting my ankles going in them. I might supercook the fischers and see this season out then hunt around for some options as I'm happy to have a crack myself and only local would be Alain over in Stirling.

@whitty - I'll put my measurements up for comparison - they are pretty darn skinny !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went from Fischer vacuum moulded to Salomon xmax this year and what a difference . However, what a blooming struggle getting them on? I'd swear they were 4 sizes too small until the heel slips into that super snug pocket.
Wore them for the first time at Glenshee recently and it was only after I'd decided to call it a day that I realised the upper clips and power straps were basically under no tension at all.. previous boots I've had were literally cranked to the max ...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy