Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skier and snowboarder looking to join others for trip w/c 24-25 Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
My friend and I are hoping to get a week in 24 Feb - 3 Mar (+/- a day). He boards and I ski, both male early thirties. Would be interested joining another small group if anyone has space or is interested in booking together (we have not booked anything yet). Usually go for something fairly cheap and cheerful, potentially a cheap late self catering option, but always looking for a good ski area. Got about 8-10 weeks experience, can get down anything.
If anyone's interested drop a message. Cheers.
Tom
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Tom
I'm not part of a group,, solo skier here that skis anything, just thinking if you get some sort of group together, I might be be able to make up the numbers if you're lacking one
Jack
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Jack, will update here if anything happens.

Should have added we fly from London.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Tom,

I'm in a similar boat to Jack. Id be a solo boarder but might be able to make up the numbers.

Jon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey guys me too, dont care where or for how long just need to get back to the snow again this year.

Will be traveling from West country so can collect on route if nessasary
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, snow's amazing this season. Been to Tignes & Alpe D'Huez but need to get another one to make the most of it.

I'd be travelling from Portsmouth area. Could share a lift / petrol or what-ever suits.

There's been some good catered chalet deals this year - £450 ish (inc travel) but as long as there's snow I'm happy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a potential option of a very cheap deal SC in Courcheval (£300) although flight times are very early! You need 5 to get that price at the moment though. Have you guys made any plans? I'm guessing Esdel would prefer to fly from Bristol and Jon from Southampton or London. What sort of ages are you all?
Any particular places you've seen those deals Jon?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gatwick is best for me
I reckon we could get a catered chalet deal for around £400 in St Anton Austria would that suit anyone
Jack 45 year old
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

Those ones I was looking at were for Tignes & Val Thorens.
This weekend are now sold out though. (The prices were higher too - getting closer to peak season I suppose)
Cheapest I can find now is £539 catered chalet inc flights & tourist tax etc for Val D'Isere, so S/C might be the way to go like you suggested before.

Never been to Austria but heard it's good & would be fine by me.

Southampton airport would be too limiting so a London airport is best for me - Gatwick has most availability.
I'm 50 but pretty fit so don't hold that against me snowHead

A majority of the flights seem to be very early - 06:30ish so an early start.
I was up at 2am for my last holidays - was painful but worth it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm working on it, just need to find some accommodation, alpe duez, duez alpes chamrousse
London Gatwick to Grenoble, Flight number EZY8943
Departure 13:00 Sat 24th Feb Arrival 15:50 Your fares Adult 1 x £33.05
Departure 21:05 Sat 3rd Mar Arrival 21:45 Your fares Adult 1 x £28.43
Snowboard bag 1 x £74.00 Combined weight 35kg
£135.48 (Flights including 1 snowboard)
Car hire 1 week £190.68 + £100 fuel tolls (max) (Divided by 4) £72.67 (each)
£208.15 (Flights and car hire total)
Accommodation

I'm working to a budget of approx £200, which will put us somewhere in the £400 pound mark in resort, which is pretty good.

Thoughts
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
feisty1985 wrote:
There is a potential option of a very cheap deal SC in Courcheval (£300) although flight times are very early! You need 5 to get that price at the moment though. Have you guys made any plans? I'm guessing Esdel would prefer to fly from Bristol and Jon from Southampton or London. What sort of ages are you all?
Any particular places you've seen those deals Jon?

Sorry man ive just seen this(After i posted), i will fly from anywhere, its the cost keep it cheap as and i'm there
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
St Anton would be good but I haven't seen much around that price if you're talking flights and transfers included.
£539 for Val D'isere is not terrible at this point.

Not a problem, thanks for looking into it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I put post up last week for St Anton but no one took up the offer, chalet started at £400 then they reduced it to £300 and was still to be had at the death, that was fully catered chalet
Unbelievable offer for this time of year, I could not believe that no one was interested
Jack
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry bud but my thoughts were just that you were speculating, I didn't see any confirmed prices/accommodation, if i see anything around the £400 pound mark then i'll be all over it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi!
I was planning to go skiing on the same dates, so I can make up the numbers if there will be a chance. I’m in Sheffield so ideally would go from Manchester, but can also travel to London

Max
snow report
Count me in! 24th Feb - I'll make up the numbers as a well.
latest report
Ok here we go go go

https://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/france/plagne-soleil/residence-le-cervin_21851?holidayId=1454908619
4 sharing SELF CATERING (£ 429 PER HEAD), including luggage, transfers etc. (Food and lift pass on top) €284 (£251)

or

This accommodation in Serre Chevalier (But not peak retreats), 4 sharing SELF CATERING (£ 449 PER HEAD), including luggage, transfers etc. (Food and lift pass on top)from € 255 ( £225)
https://www.peakretreats.co.uk/winter/ski-resorts/oisans/briancon/aigle-bleu?gclid=Cj0KCQiAiKrUBRD6ARIsADS2OLlnserVryHZNB6Xgxik47h2UTAtGOAtYJLLjpYYC0i9jDHW0Jyiky4aAl_aEALw_wcB

Still looking to find a better deal under £400
ski holidays
so about £450 S/C or £539 catered chalet (if still available) . £89 extra for all the meals & wine might be worth it.

I'd be happy to just go with the flow though.

What do you think Tom?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 19-02-18 18:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Hi guys the chalet deals for St Anton and possibly some other areas don't seem to come up until the Wednesday before they depart which is on the Sunday and last week they drop on the Friday from £400 too £300, I don't know if that's too late for everyone to wait and of course there is no guarantees they will have them still, they do have rooms at the moment, I do know that
snow report
Only thing with leaving it too late is that it might be tricky logistically getting so many separate people sorted in time with payments etc.

By my count it looks like 7 in total could be interested.

What's the decision regarding which airport to leave from - that could be a deciding factor for some?

Edit: just noticed in the original post that you fly from London.

I got a spare bed here if someone needed to kip here the night before in order to get to Gatwick early next morning. (As I said before I'm in Portsmouth area. About 90 mins from Gatwick)

What does the op - Tom think?
latest report
Count is 6. Shaan is with me so the post above is misleading.

I don't think the £539 deal is available now. We may have another similar option which can update on in the morning. Not too sure on the links above, are they actually available for next week? Personally I do prefer catered unless it's massively cheaper to do SC. Top one I think is 24 March?

Jack, are you talking accommodation only for that price?

We fly from London.
snow report
Once found it might have to be decided on & booked quite quickly before it sells out.
hopefully everyone will be checking this board regularly to facilitate this.

Could be good. More snow forecast this week. Just keeps on snowing this year.
snow conditions
The catered chalet option includes everything flights from Gatwick & transfers.
Personally I think if you can get a catered chalet at a good price it takes a lot of headaches out of piecing together a self catering deal.
I am constantly checking to see when they will drop the price and will post as soon as anything comes in.
So what we really need to know now is everyone ok for
1. an early Sunday morning flight from Gatwick on the 25th Feb.
2. Is everyone up for St Anton in Austria.
3. Is everyone up for this catered chalet option.
4. Is everybody around to book up quick as the deals dont always hang around for long.
If anyone has any doubts on the last four questions then best we know now.
If all here are up for this possible option I might be able to cut a deal with them.
Obviously everyone don't stop looking as nothing is a given
Jack
latest report
I'm ready to just "GO" from any airport

Limiting it to just St anton could be tricky, any decent resort just opens up options to get a great deal.

If there are 6 we should be able to get it under £500, I'll get on it again today and will post something by 1300, so check back and post your thoughts.
latest report
Hi Guys - I'm Tom's friend so we will be travelling together. Yes there seems to be 6 of us in total which is a great number.

Basically, I'm going to enquire about a deal in the next 30 mins - the deal is:

Les Archs
Chalet - breakfast, afternoon cake, and dinner
Transfers
London Gatwick Sunday 25th Feb at 7am
Returning Sunday 4th March arriving at Gat at 11am

I'll update you shortly on this.

Open to anything above. I'll call Tom once I know details and we will post on this forum within the hour.
snow report
I should have mentioned the deal above is £499 per person - just need to find out how many spaces they have
snow report
Hi Guys - an update:

Tom and I have booked:

Les Arcs
Chalet - breakfast, afternoon cake, and dinner
Transfers
unlimited drinks
London Gatwick Sunday 25th Feb at 7am
Returning Sunday 4th March arriving at Gat at 11am
Cost is £499 pp

There are two rooms left. One room holds two people and the other 4 people.

You should call Sophie on 02030402548 and mention my name (Shaan Patel) as I have reserved those rooms for you guys to book.

Let me know what you guy do - Tom and I think this is a great price for what is out there. Hopefully we get to see you all there.
latest report
I just rang that number but all places are now sold out.

Got to move fast I guess Sad

I presume that putting the details on here rather than PMs made it public to everyone else on the planet too.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So are there still 4 of us who want to go Skiing
Im still confident come tomorrow/thursday I'll have a good price on something
Slowly slowly catchy monkey
ski holidays
If anyone is still interested private message me your mobile number and when any deals come up I'll get in touch, otherwise it's going to be hard work waiting for folks to keep loggin in to the site
Jack
snow report
Quote:

So are there still 4 of us who want to go Skiing
Im still confident come tomorrow/thursday I'll have a good price on something

Les Arc would be a good choice to allow us to still hook up with the other 2 guys but this would probably be too limiting to guarantee.
Probably best to exchange contact details amongst the rest of us so that when a deal comes up things can get sorted / paid for straight away.
Logistics for sorting 4 separate payments at the same time would have to be worked out too - not too sure how to do that.
snow report
Quote:

If anyone is still interested private message me your mobile number and when any deals come up I'll get in touch, otherwise it's going to be hard work waiting for folks to keep loggin in to the site
Jack

Just done so.

Jon
ski holidays
Esdel & Max, are you still up for it?
ski holidays
Damn, we thought you'd have a good shot and joining us in Les Arcs which would have been great. We hadn't seen much so couldn't risk missing out.
I hope you guys all find something and if you end up in Les Arcs-La Plagne do let us know and we'll be glad to meet up for a ski and a beer.
Tom
snow report
Will do
But whatever happens have a great time
Jack
ski holidays
Yes I echo Tom's words above.

Hopefully you guys can sort something out in Les Arcs and join us... that would be awesome!
latest report
Jon, I will have to look at later dates due to personal circumstances. Good luck with the holiday!

Max
snow report
Solo male skier needing someone to share with as most holidays only bookable for 2 or more. I'm looking for a trip either next week (24 or 25 Feb) or 10/11 March. Not fussy where as long as there's snow and flights availability from a northern airport.
snow report
No Probs Max.

Shaan85 & Feisty1985 - Jack & myself are now organised for St Anton.
Have a good one.
ski holidays
Glad you got something sorted, sounds great. Have a good one.

Hope you find something Phil, there were a couple of posts about trips on the forum.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy