Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Returning to skiing after 18 years

Poster: A snowHead
@SkiingDad, some boots have a reputation for doing that...

However, no matter how well stored, skis don’t spontaneously evolve...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Old Fartbag, I don't plan on skiing the terrain that I would think nothing of back in the day, probably more cruising long carving turns also short snappy turns when on narrow runs, not intending to go off piste, I'm under no illusions that age and fitness are not on my side 😔
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maurice100 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, I don't plan on skiing the terrain that I would think nothing of back in the day, probably more cruising long carving turns also short snappy turns when on narrow runs, not intending to go off piste, I'm under no illusions that age and fitness are not on my side 😔

Maybe see if you can find:
Rossignol Experience 84s (or possiblyr 88s)
Rossignol Pursuit 700 Ti
Head Magnum or Rally or Titan
Scott Black Magic
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go to a hire shop near the piste. Tell them you haven’t skied for years but are quite good and should be on piste. They should give you something about 10cm shorter than your height and 70-80mm wide underfoot, from either this season or last season. Take a few conversion lessons. Consider if you want to change skis or are happy with those.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And decide if you like the graphics or not. That is crucial.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Old Fartbag, @Orange200, I've had a little look on-line at some of the new offerings some are only 3mm wider at the waist than my current skis, but the tips and tails are 8 to 10 mm wider, mine are 79mm at tail 67mm at the waist and 87mm at the tip, I think I may take them along with me and hire some newer skis so that I can compare how differently they ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Maurice100, not sure what you are looking at but a decent “advanced” wink whatever that is recreational ski from Rossi is 127 - 73 - 109 https://noram.rossignol.com/US/US/pursuit-700-ti-konect--2017--RAGBZ02--product--alpine-men-skis-on-piste.html?b=94308 and you would be skiing in about a 175cm ski.

What the heck are Roc Limits? I find nothing on Google and let me tell you, I have found every single one of my ex-girlfriends, court orders or not!

Current skis are as wildly different from skis of 2000 as skis of 2000 were wildly different of skis from 1975-1994. I.e. Wildly.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, I also looked for them on Google like you nothing, but I do have a pair, the information on the ski reads, "La Nouvelle, (the next word is hidden under the rear binding) then du ski l'extrem, the other information ZV 04 then 193 being the length and 04002 which I'm guessing is the model code, on the tail is also the numbers 4 5125668.

Taking my old skis and comparing the with new models is purely to satisfy my curiosity.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Maurice100, i am fascinated. I would have told you I could recognise pretty much any ski in 2000. (I am pathetic like that). Must search harder, maybe I can find some of those girls I liked who didn’t like me enough to tell me their names at the same time he he he #methree
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Maurice100, Shall we start playing guess the hidden word, my guess is "méthode"
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:

What the heck are Roc Limits? I find nothing on Google and let me tell you, I have found every single one of my ex-girlfriends, court orders or not!

These? https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/rossignol-ski-roc-limit-mit-salomon-bindung-188-cm/183209028-230-1619
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Maurice100, if you're flying it's worth remembering that taking your old skis is going to cost you about £70 in baggage charges.

Personally I'd say try getting to a snowdome and try the new skis there to compare. A friend did that recently having not skied for a similar amount of time and he was astounded by the change in skis .
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Matrski, I think you're spot on I'm guessing the front binding is hiding the word ski

@Tubaski, mine have a completely different look

@adithorp, good point, I will probably drive, good call re the snowdome Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Maurice100, the other thing not mentioned is that the technique from 18 years ago of large upwards poppy movement to "unweight" the skis has completely gone. It's no longer needed, nor taught, you'd be wise to try and get a lesson just to be introduced to the "modern" way of skiing as well as the modern equipment.

It's also a very hard habit to unlearn as I found out!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kitenski, Not completely gone...nice if you want a tiny bit of air time in the crud.
snow conditions
ALQ wrote:
@kitenski, Not completely gone...nice if you want a tiny bit of air time in the crud.

aye fair point !!
ski holidays
@kitenski, A few hours private instruction it at the top of my list, when I last changed my skis many year's ago from essential straight skis to a ones that have a sidecut similar to today's race skis, I found any need to pop up on groomed piste was redundant, simply lifting the heel of what would be the uphill ski was enough to initiate the turn, I'm looking forward to trying out today's new skis.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy