Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The French have no sense of Fun

Poster: A snowHead
Boring French ..

https://nltimes.nl/2018/02/12/stricter-drug-controls-french-ski-slopes-specifically-aimed-dutch-spaniards-report
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Such super fun, careering round the slopes stoned. rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes. Real spoilsports. I've read so many times about the fun drug addicts have. Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Merde! Why can't these stoners keep to the standard bottle of vin rouge for lunch - and maybe a cognac - for better safety?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Given cloggies are just about the worst nation as a whole for skiing round the slopes out of control like total bellends and/or being lightweights at holding their booze at apres one can see the French point.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Given cloggies are just about the worst nation as a whole for skiing round the slopes out of control like total bellends and/or being lightweights at holding their booze at apres one can see the French point.

Yep, and are often mistaken for British!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boredsurfin, Understandable, considering that when they're drunk enough, the Dutch are nearly indistinguishable from Brits. ...were it not for their good command of the English language. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
seems a bit too lenient to me. Will prove to be ineffective.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...whereas the fun factory never closes in Calvinist Netherlands.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

That has to be my favourite sentence on snowheads
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snoozeboy wrote:

Pot...kettle Madeye-Smiley

https://m.myswitzerland.com/en-gb/two-reformers-zwingli-and-calvin.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The French actually smoke more cannabis than the Dutch (use in the last year among adults), I think they now have the highest (har har) rate in the EU.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When doing seasons, I heard ski apartments in VT were often used as the 'stash house' for supplying Lyon. No suspicion for lots of people going in and out at any time of day, low police presence, nice place for a drug dealer to hang out on his days off.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We Dutch don't have time to be hypocritical.
Only when we can make money out of it Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton wrote:
Boring French ..

Druggie Dutch ..
ski holidays
Scotland has higher /cannabis useage per capita than Netherlands (apparently)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_cannabis_use_by_country
latest report
Sitting outside the Borseliers restaurant in La Plagne/Champagny a couple of weeks ago when the smell of weedy smoke was quite strong. Not sure of the nationalities involved, but there was a group of about six people, two of whom were puffing on roll-ups. I pointed it out to my wife who pretended that she had "never smelt funny smoke like that before".
snow conditions
As skiing dad hinted, I'd rather be skiing around someone who's had a joint at lunch then a bottle of wine.
latest report
Whagwan wrote:
As skiing dad hinted, I'd rather be skiing around someone who's had a joint at lunch then a bottle of wine.

a whole bottle of wine for one person at lunch is actually a little excessive.

Cannabis usage is cummulative, so a couple the night before, one at lunch, adds up. Impacts the ability to make judgement calls etc.

Personally I'd rather ski with and around those who get their highs from Endorphins, Adrenalin, than those who feel the need to get a high from Booze or weed (or harder)
snow report
Of course the photo is of the Folie Douce in Val! I think anyone smoking dope in there would be immediately hauled out by the giant bouncers and dumped on the lift down.
ski holidays
Bob wrote:

Agree

Quote:
Cannabis usage is cummulative, so a couple the night before, one at lunch, adds up. Impacts the ability to make judgement calls etc.

Disagree

Quote:
Personally I'd rather ski with and around those who get their highs from Endorphins, Adrenalin, than those who feel the need to get a high from Booze or weed (or harder)

Personally I don't mind how people get their kicks as long as they aren't endangering others, but I'm more concerned about people who've had a bit too much to drink when I'm on the slopes than a smoke (harder is another matter)
snow report
Whagwan wrote:
Bob wrote:

Agree

Quote:

Disagree

Quote:

Personally I don't mind how people get their kicks as long as they aren't endangering others, but I'm more concerned about people who've had a bit too much to drink when I'm on the slopes than a smoke (harder is another matter)

the ability to make sounds judgement calls does impact safey on the slopes, particlarly those which are busy.
ski holidays
Quote:

(harder is another matter)

I think thats mainly what the report was targeting. On slope clubbing (think the increase in venues such as Folie Douce etc which market themselves as nightclubs on the snow) will have had a big increase in the style of drugs consumed. That style of bar is no place for a joint (the base of the snowpark, then maybe...) but cocaine / ecstasy use will be far more prevalent and possibly accepted by more of the clientele then you think.
snow report
I didn't actually mean that I'd rather ski with someone high on pot than with someone who's drunk. I was more hinting that it could be a good idea to throttle the drinking too. The sale of alcohol on the slopes is very liberal in many skiing resorts.

And yes, suggesting that the average Frenchman has a bottle of wine for lunch is a slight exaggeration. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
TheGingerPrince wrote:
Quote:

(harder is another matter)

I think thats mainly what the report was targeting. On slope clubbing (think the increase in venues such as Folie Douce etc which market themselves as nightclubs on the snow) will have had a big increase in the style of drugs consumed. That style of bar is no place for a joint (the base of the snowpark, then maybe...) but cocaine / ecstasy use will be far more prevalent and possibly accepted by more of the clientele then you think.

Yeah, I can see the hazard here. I'll be honest and admit to partaking in everything mentioned here reasonably regularly but I wouldn't want to mix the harder stuff with snow.

I just see a joint in the same class as a (small) drink, it's also worth noting that cannabis reduces confidence which is the opposite of alcohol so you are less likely to do something stupid although there is an effect on reaction times obviously.

But then I'm pretty boring when it comes to apres/nightlife when I go skiing anyway, I'll barely drink even in the evenings.

I can do that here without spending hundreds of pounds and sleep though the hangover, ski trips are for spending every second I can on the snow.
ski holidays
So Stantroll is turning his focus on to the French now, makes a change from his usual anti-UK poison.

Decreasing drug use seems a sensible thing to me, I don't want some druggie crashing into me whilst being high on some substance.
snow conditions
ALQ wrote:
snoozeboy wrote:

Pot...kettle Madeye-Smiley

https://m.myswitzerland.com/en-gb/two-reformers-zwingli-and-calvin.html

Yes but that's Geneva and Zurich. I live in Lausanne, which is about halfway between Calvinist Geneva and catholic Fribourg. It's still pretty quiet compared with London or Madrid, but in a kind of civilised way, with mountain views at the end of every street and skiing within 25 mins.

..and I wasn't criticising the French for being boring. However the apres ski on the German side of switz is much wilder than the French side. I guess it's the Austrian influence.
snow report
I'm not sure they're being killjoys, isn't smoking weed illegal in France? Not sure enforcing those rules means they don't know how to have fun
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not related to drugs (other than alcohol), but this is from the French and it’s pretty amusing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/articles/most-annoying-things-britons-do-in-ski-resorts/amp/ ...

ducks for cover...
snow conditions
Quote:

isn't smoking weed illegal in France?

Since when do the French care about smoking bans?
snow report
chivdog wrote:
Not related to drugs (other than alcohol), but this is from the French and it’s pretty amusing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/articles/most-annoying-things-britons-do-in-ski-resorts/amp/ ...

ducks for cover...

I very much enjoyed the video on that site
snow conditions
@snoozeboy, It's one of my favourite cities in the world. V nice hotels with great views.
ski holidays
@chivdog, some of those are not unique to Brits IME - particularly waiting for others in lift queues!

Did make me chuckle though
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy