Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boot Tongue Pinch-Is there a fix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought some Lange ski boots today for $200 and have the option to return them as long as I don't put them in any ski bindings.

The boots fit great (have had big troubles with all rental boots and even new boots) but on the right one I experience a small pinch where the boot tongue meets the boot. I only experience it if I lean into them a lot (which obviously isn't optional)

Is there any way to fix it by bending the tongue or does it break-in? Should I just return them?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@südtirolistdeutsch, is the pinch more down the way or in the way (into the leg or down onto the foot)

the fix is different for each, what you can try is taking out the liner and flattening the tongue a little by bending it back (it wont break) to see if it is just he edge that has curled around, this is quite common if you pull up hard on the tongue when putting the boot on
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM wrote:
@südtirolistdeutsch, is the pinch more down the way or in the way (into the leg or down onto the foot)

the fix is different for each, what you can try is taking out the liner and flattening the tongue a little by bending it back (it wont break) to see if it is just he edge that has curled around, this is quite common if you pull up hard on the tongue when putting the boot on

The pinch is more up on the the leg close to the top of the boot. Now experiencing it on both legs. It's not really painful just uncomfortable. I'll try doing what you suggest. I tried on the boots with ski socks on but forgot to have my long johns on as well, I'll see if that makes a difference
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@südtirolistdeutsch, I don't think your longjohns should be in your boots...

there must be a mechanical problem, and it must be visible?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@südtirolistdeutsch, Long johns are best above the boot surely?

I had this with a pair of new boots recently. I grinned and beared it but they got more painful and eventually drew blood on my leg. I bought some large plasters from the pharmacy and put these on my shins, and also trimmed the boot tongue with a sharp blade, seemed fine after that.....fine tuning!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@südtirolistdeutsch, flattening the tongue may help... are you using any form of custom footbed? has the cuff alignment been set up for your leg, if not to either then that could be the cause... the foot collapsing slightly and or the angle your foot and leg meet is not optimum for the boot set up as it is
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey everyone, thanks for all the great help! I went back to the ski store, talked with the owner and got them heat-molded which the guys who sold it to me never even offered (they even said they didn't do custom fitting). They fit great now and I'm so glad to finally have bought my own boots!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy