Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Single skiing ,maybe chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never skiied alone before, or chamonix. 47 year old guy, happy with my own company but with a possible 10 days free mid march. A little nervous but would love to use the time i have ,im an intermediate, is there enough here to help me improve over 10 days. Anybody recomend the resort ? Also cost? Looks like there are a couple of hostels. Anybody experienced them before? Many thanks.

Mark
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did Chamonix alone this year, first time on my own. As a intermediate got a bit on my nerves on some demanding pistes since conditions where pretty icy and hard plus pretty empty but in general enjoyed a lot. Never skied so intense, was pretty spent end of days just needed some food and sleep.

I stayed in the Chalet ski station. Pretty descent for 20 euros a night. Met some friendly people and had some laugh. Literally my rooms window was to the Brevent gondola, like 10m away. Bus stop was nearby and easy if you now how to use. Chamonix still my fav area!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mark85000@hotmail.com I ski a lot and have often travelled solo. I also go off and ski stuff on my own sometimes, even when with a group. I also like Chamonix valley very much and think it’s one of the most exciting and exhilarating areas of all,

However, if you’re really keen on Chamonix, I’d say find a snow buddy or 3 to go with and ski with. SnowHeads is great for that. I do all sorts of adventurous stuff alone, eg Val D blacks, 3V blacks and easier off piste. But there’s NO WAY I’d do that on the tough stuff around Chamonix / Argentiere on my own. It’s one of the areas where when skiing harder stuff alone I’m thinking I should have updated my will before leaving home.
Not joking...find buddies or go elsewhere is my advice.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mark85000@hotmail.com, personally, if I'm going alone I'd get myself on a coaching course. I find cruising around alone pretty boring, and while time on snow is good, you'll improve ten-fold with instruction over skiing alone.

For great value, all inclusive inc equipment hire, have a look at Action Outdoors (UCPA). It's cheap and cheerful small dorm type rooms, but you'll meet others in the same situation. Do full day coaching or a 'progression' course. Historically it's for younger people, but last week people in my group were age 35-54. https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/winter/find-your-holiday/holiday-types/trips-for-all-ages/relaxed-age-weeks

Companies like Snoworks also do ski coaching courses. Have a look at https://www.snoworks.co.uk/faqs-intermediate-skiers.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mark85000@hotmail.com, get yourself booked into UCPA Chamonix. Everything included and you will not want for company. You can have it with or without instruction. A day or two either end in a hostel and you are sorted for a great 10 days.

There is an age restriction there, but at 55 I went on their off piste course 4 years ago with my son. We loved it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I was thinking about a bit of tuition while I was there to bring me on a bit, anybody had lessons there ?. I'll look at the links when I have time, in a rush at the moment. Are those courses the BASI ones that ive heard people go on about before? Are they good for intermediates?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BASS Chamonix
http://www.basschamonix.com/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Singlesport has a guided week for intermediates on piste 17 March based in Courmayeur just thro the tunnel from Chamonix
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy