Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me what the quality of skis are like at UCPA? I'm heading to Val d'Isere in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering whether to take my own skis with me to be sure of something decent to ski on for the week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I went 2 years ago, the 'quality' per se was OK but they'd clearly taken a sponsorship from Rossignol so everything there was either Experience (for most people), Pursuit (for the more advanced ski lessons) or Something7 for the off piste stuff. This did mean that for me, as a tall, heavy, aggressive skier... I was bending everything in half just by looking at it. It depends how attached you are to getting the right ski, but if I ever do UCPA again I'll be taking my own.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was at the UCPA in Val D’Isere this week. As @dp notes, they have an agreement with Rossignol. It was Sin7 and Soul7s for offpiste. It’s in good condition though mostly 15/16 or 16/17 I think. Most people use their skis, including guides, and get on well. Last year I used their skis. This year I took my own just because I prefer to ski on my own.

The UCPA in Val D’Isere is quite overdue a refurb. As the guide if you can do a day trip and eat lunch at UCPA Tignes one day.

Tips for UCPA - take a towel, sandles/crocs, 3 or 4 outlet multi-plug, ear plugs, mug, tea bags.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the tips, they are very helpful.

My skis are Volkl Mantras, so I was hoping to borrow an all mountain ski like the Sin7, even though I'm not doing a specific off piste course. Do you think that this will be possible?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
agree with above. Been three times with them, used my own skis once (the first time) and then went with theirs - good skis, no issues. I had pair of ex prototypes last year and loved them. Took my own boots though.

enjoy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Awesome, thanks for the advice. Saves me lugging skis all the way there Smile . I'll take my own boots though.

Looking forward to seeing what UCPA has to offer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there mid-Jan and skied a pair of brand new Soul 7 hd's. Not sure if you'll get them if not in an off piste group. Are you booked into on piste lessons or just the accommodation only option? Better chance of getting off piste skis if the latter I'd think. Your best bet is to ask Action Outdoors - they're very helpful.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, I've sent Action Outdoors a message to see what they say. I'm just booked into a full instruction week, but I'm an advanced skier so I'm hoping it will be more about exploring than anything else.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've done op and advanced piste weeks, the advanced piste weeks are guiding with a bit of tuition thrown in which includes use of avi kit. I noticed a lot of peole skiing on sky 7s with ucpa stickers at xmas. I tested some sky 7 hds and hated them, they just seemed very unstable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy