Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Giant Slalom

Poster: A snowHead
Palander goes 1, Maier 2, Raich three (about as many gates as he makes in a slalom), Nyberg 4, Blardone 5, Grandi 6 and Miller seven with rahlves 8.....

None of the GBR boys are doing it as the conditions are not expected to be great and they are therefore saving themselves for the Slalom at the end of the week. This is a sensible choice bearing in mind that the speed, fog and the fact it will get rutted. Neither Alain nor Noel who had been expected to race, would have started in the top 30 and are not GS skiers on the main circuit.

And yes it is still snowing in San Sicario.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They're late starting, had to clear the snow off the course from yesterday's storm....

Men's GS run 1 delayed until 1030 CET

Men's GS run 2 delayed to 1400 CET

(Women's Super G at 1445 CET)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bad Games for the Americans in the Alpine events!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG wrote:
Bad Games for the Americans in the Alpine events!

Except for the Gold in the Men's Combined Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, they'll be cheering in La Rosiere. Good run from Chenal. If he can take a medal after the second leg the French Ski Federation will be smiling!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Now if only Franki Bourque can hold on and Freddie and Maier stick it out......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, oops forgot about him! Italians are getting a bit desperate for success at the moment...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG wrote:
Italians are getting a bit desperate for success at the moment...

It won't come in this race. If Chenal takes a medal I guess you'll hear the cheer from La Rosiere down in your chalet Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did you see that binding come off the ski?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did you see Ryan Semple's equipment failure? Looks like the ski tech forgot to screw his race plate to the ski!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RacerReady wrote:

None of the GBR boys are doing it ......

I think it was very sporting of the English racers not to enter this race giving other countries a real chance of getting a Silver or maybe even Gold medal. wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 20-02-06 10:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another big pre-release - certainly kept the course workers on their toes!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and wall's ski pre-released!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
we must stop doing this rob...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There are some interesting racers in the bottom order. Last one to go crept by a whisker under the required 140 points (138+). Just think we could have been watching the Snow Leopard in this race Sad ... Still I bet he's there enjoying himself. Seen him, RacerReady?
snow report
I have Chenal's skis from last year and boy they are sweet....
snow report
"they're dropping like flies now"
snow report
DavidS wrote:
we must stop doing this rob...

Laughing We're the equivalent of Matt Chilton/Graham Bell for snowHeads in this race!
snow conditions
Wish they would show us more of the unknowns having a go... all we get are the favourites.
snow conditions
Na...there are a lot of shadows around and he aint smiling when I last saw him! Evil or Very Mad

Best thing about this race is that those outside the top 30 get a second run (unlike the WC). Just as well for the likes of Palander! The race will be won and lost on the steep and who can keep the speed across the numerous flat sections
ski holidays
They are all giving up too easy....send Chestakov back to the mines,.....
ski holidays
RacerReady wrote:
I have Chenal's skis from last year and boy they are sweet....
If he takes gold you could auction them off, being an impoverished journo! wink
snow report
Another pre-release! Do you think somebody has hidden the screwdriver in the start hut?
snow conditions
IF? WHEN more like.....

Just gotta see who I can blag my next pair off.....Slalom skis needed now as Schoenfelders skis are getting a tad worn
ski holidays
The Austrians are very quiet in the Press room at the moment....he he he. I wonder why? Has someone stolen the laughing drugs?
latest report
What a farce, piste badly prepared, equipment badly prepared, skiers badly prepared. Big party in Italy last night looks like all attended.
In fact i reckon i'd be in gold medal place right now. wink
Little Angel
snow report
Another pre-release, and a really soft one at that! What's going on?!
snow report
Quote:

piste badly prepared, equipment badly prepared, skiers badly prepared.

Piste is in GREAT shape, HUGE amount of snow last night and yesterday, when the slope breaks up and gets rutted bindings are designed to eject the rider, otherwise the knees get injured.

Yes you are right about the party tho.....I did not get an invite tho....too busy digging my car out so that Snowheads could get some useless chat from me today!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, yes but we're watching the likes of racers that would never normally get anywhere near a tv screen, at the moment...

I've been on piste taking photos of FIS races when beyond those above 40 FIS points you start to feel very insecure if you're too close. Some of these are well over 100 points!

3/4 of them will never have skied on injected snow, it's like a new surface to them.
ski holidays
WARNING FIRST RUN RESULTS

Click on "Lesen Sie mehr!" then Scroll down for results of the first run

http://sport.orf.at/spiele06/060220-342/index.html
snow conditions
DB, marvellous to see Joel Chenal in silver he's a local lad from La Rosiere and this is probably his last season, there'll be a few glasses raised in Willy's bar today.
snow report
David@traxvax, would be great if he took a medal. One of the quieter racers on the circuit, keeps himself to himself. Good for La Rosière too!
snow conditions
RacerReady, The word from the team is the conditions on piste are abbismal, supper slow course, since when has fresh snow been good for GS or any race? Sad
snow conditions
David@traxvax wrote:
DB, marvellous to see Joel Chenal in silver he's a local lad from La Rosiere and this is probably his last season, there'll be a few glasses raised in Willy's bar today.

That's what I like about the Olmypics, it really brings out the best in some people and allows the underdogs to get some fame (e.g. Ligety, Deneriaz). Always good when a local lad / lass brings some metalwork home.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Looked to me as if they had successfully scraped off the excess snow from the race line, it was only when racers (mostly those out of the elite) lost that line that some went into the soft snow?
latest report
PG, It looked really skitty to me, kinda "It's a knockout" on snow, first time i've wittnessed that on such a huge scale, turns out the whole of last night the murmmer was to cancel in order to keep the party going, seems today for all concearned that was a good idea. Little Angel
snow conditions
2nd run under way, 15 mins earlier than announced earlier rolling eyes
snow report
PG, thanks for the heads-up.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, PG, when Benni Raich was interviewed on Eurosport at the bottom of the course he said the piste was perfect (my translation) or that the pisteurs had done a fantastic job (Nick Fellows' translation). Of course, he could just have been being polite for the cameras... Wink
snow report
Bode's going for it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy