Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva flat light recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

It's a bit dim in Selva today. Where would you recommend for tree-level runs? A good mix of blues, reds and blacks...minimal flat bits if possible Smile and opportunities for side piste always a bonus
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@brokenbetty, head to the trees in Plan de Gralba.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarlet wrote:
@brokenbetty, head to the trees in Plan de Gralba.

+1 for Plan de Gralba. From there you could even ski across to the tree lined runs at Mont De Suera!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or the run down to Monte Pana is tree lined. Once there you could do the magical mystery bus trip to Saltria on the Seiseralm and ski locally near Saltria then catch the magical mystery bus back to Monte Pana (bus fare is 6 Euros return). Bus timetable: https://www.valgardena.it/dl/stchristina/pdf/Skibus_Monte_Pana_Silbernagl.pdf (note current timetable is on the last page of the pdf file). Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am now convinced the Dolomiti Superski piste map artists are locked in a bitter standoff with their sworm enemies the piste app designers over whether lifts should be known by number or by name, and whether pistes should be labelled with anything at all. Their common nemesis the piste sign writers use either convention with impunity but tolerate no connection between the names they put on the signs and where the piste ends up. I'm pretty sure somewhere above Ortesei I saw a piste marked Birmingham and the North.

Despite this, mostly by luck we did visit Plan de Gralba, Mont De Suera and the run to Monte Pana. All were good - PdG was a bit crazy because many large Italian families had the same idea, but the others were quiet and quite magical with heavy snow falling through the trees.

Our subsequent decision to ride down Monte Pana, walk to the funicular and go up to Secada in a blizzard and whiteout was less successful, but piste 8 down again was knee high fresh stuff til the treeline. If only we could see it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@brokenbetty, throw the map in the bin, (or just use the overview side as a general “which village is where” finder,) and follow the signage, which generally is pretty good, but forget trying to find specific pistes unless you know the area and instead navigate by the towns and lift names.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brokenbetty wrote:
I am now convinced the Dolomiti Superski piste map artists are locked in a bitter standoff with their sworm enemies the piste app designers over whether lifts should be known by number or by name, and whether pistes should be labelled with anything at all. Their common nemesis the piste sign writers use either convention with impunity but tolerate no connection between the names they put on the signs and where the piste ends up. I'm pretty sure somewhere above Ortesei I saw a piste marked Birmingham and the North.

D!

Never had issues with any specific area paper map in the Dolomites regarding piste numbers. They all seemed to correlate to the actual signage on the piste. I never even knew that the pistes had specific names until I discovered the 3d reality map. Usually before I go on a trip I'll analyse the pistes and lifts using the 3d reality map which definately helps.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy