Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot spoilers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I mean the plastic rear inserts, not bad fitters...

I have pretty thick wedges on my boot liners, lots of velco-able adjustment up and down ( and side to side). Have tried various positions, can't make up my mind what helps or hinders.
Is there a set theory, purpose, reason etc? Any advice on positioning?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Generally used to increase forward lean, so it depends on calf muscle size and ankle joint flexibility ( you flexibility again) as to what works for you, some people prefer a more forward stance some more upright

The key is to be able to move in a vertical plain ( flexing/extending ankle knee and hip) and remain in balance.

Have a play try lots try none whichever you prefer start art hat end of the spectrum and adjust slowly, when you find that sweet spot you will know ( and it may change depending on ski/ binding set up too)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, @CEM. Been playing a fair bit and as said to start, can't really find that sweet spot - at least not on consecutive days. Can't decide what stance I like, either: always used to like well forward, but at times have found myself liking more upright, especially as I'm skiing more variable terrain this year, rather than purely pisted. There's clearly a weighting difference but I can, I think, work with either.
The only thing I've found so far is that if I put the spoilers further down ( more forward stance and better pressure on top strap) then I have more of a 'hole' feeling at the lower rear leg, and if I put the spoilers right up there's more rear contact and a general better lower leg fit ( or so it feels), but less of a feeling that I'm 'on' the boot at times.
Clearly another excuse to have to go and do lots and lots more on-snow testing Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grizzler, yup I prescribe more skiing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And I thought they were mainly to accommodated different sized / shaped calves.
I’ve got narrow heels and chunky calves. I often just take them out entirely
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy