Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic B5s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If anyone's interested:

I rented a pair of these last week. I used them almost 100% on piste in excellent snow, and I found them really excellent. The only drawback is that you need a team of Sherpas to carry them for you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are supposed to have lighter bindings this season as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some new ones are on ebay at the moment.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got a pair of SXB5, they've been under my feet for sa total of 25 days so far. These are definately 'A weapon'. Both on and off piste have been great,performance of ice is superb. weight isn't really a problem, assuming that you are reasonably fit, if you aren't fit enough to carry the skis you aren't fit enpough to use what is as close as you get to a skier cross pro ski.
Yes these will prove tiring to ski, they require a lot of input, but they are very, very rewarding.

A great ski for 'hooliganing it up!'

Oh and ski these short, do not buy them too long.

Bob
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bob, just so folks know, the SX B5 and the M:B5 are very different skis. Next year, Atomic will also have a new M:11 B5 which will be similar to the B5 but with a longer radius (the B5 will return for the third year unchanged).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ssh wrote:
.......the B5 will return for the third year unchanged).

Becasue they're that good Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nearly as good as Nordica Hod Rods I hear wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The ones I hired had 'M2tron' (which I initially read as 'matron') on them. I found them easy to ski, not at all tiring, but a bug to carry until I got used to them.

What is the effect of the weight (when skiing - I know what the effect is when carrying them)?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richmond wrote:
What is the effect of the weight (when skiing - I know what the effect is when carrying them)?

Absolutely none, as their swing weight is low due to their compact short & fattish dimensions. The added mass however makes them extremely stable & they'll blast though anything. If you do a lot of lifting the inside ski when turning they could get a bit tiring, but that is a technique problem not the fault of the ski.

The new Neox 412 '05 model bindings are 1.1lbs lighter per ski than my 04 model.

Although length for length they are on the heavy side, because you ski 'em short they're really no heavier than other quality skis. For example, my 04 model b5's in 162 are only very slightly heavier than WTFH's 177 Heads, which means the new 05 model will be lighter than the Heads. At the PSB lasy year I carried Easiski's Fischer WC's. They must only have been about 155 but they were at least as heavy as my b5's, if not heavier.
I'll not make that mistake again Shocked .

That 'buy it now price' on ebay of £400 is a pretty good deal.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
conor, while I agree that the Hot Rods are great skis (and about the same weight as the Metrons, FWIW), they are very different from a Metron. They present a broader ranger of technique option than do the Metrons, for instance, and they have a very Nordica (nee Kastle) feel. They are very smooth.

The Metrons are about the edges. They really shine with modern two-footed technique. They arc like they are on rails. While they can be soft-edged, they are not best suited to that technique. They also really require a very balanced stance, so those coming off more traditional technique and skis may do well to get some coaching to get the most out of the skis.

But, if you take on the technique changes, they are, IMO, the gold standard for all terrain, all conditions skis. They are my one-ski quiver.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, its 'metron', is it, not 'matron or m2tron'? Now I know. Great skis, whatever they're called.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy